Thread: VLC is not compiling with Android

VLC is not compiling with Android

Hey guys I’ve seen the android VLC and run QuickTime mp4 file on my mytouch4G ok, but it simply has video on the screen however with no sound output, I played constant file on x86 VLC, it's ok. will VLC-android currently support play voice of video? Look like VLC is not compiling with Android can anyone here confirm this I really want to know this Thanks

Re: VLC is not compiling with Android

it truly failed as a result of the permissions within the distributed NDK tar file for several directories and files are just for the owner and that i had extracted it as root and hence my user might solely read or execute a number of the NDK.

I suspect the rationale that VLC are not giving it as a binary is as a result of its still buggy - these directions are most likely supposed for developers and alpha testers solely. Tried it on my G2, wasn't ready to play something. I assume OP played some movies?

Hi guys simply passing trough i'm iOS user here, simply visiting Android. VLC got chicaned from the App Store as a result of one amongst the devs had a problem with the open licensing and the way its not compatible with the App Store needs. no one else at VLC had a haul with it, however it's gone anyways. I presume that is the same reason its not on any type of store.

Can you extremely simply cross-compile a video decoder and expect it to figure properly? How are you able to make certain it optimally uses ARM's addition DSP & SIMD I picture might be applicable to a video decoder i believe it will work people have gotten FFMPEG functioning on ARM , though will anybody appreciate that libraries do the codec’s make use of to access accelerated extensions plus do they work fine across architectures?

From a software perspective, it's simply libavcodec and avformat cross-compiled for ARM i believe those already contain hand-optimized assembly routines, seeing how ubiquitous ffmpeg is currently .The only drawback is accessing the dedicated DSP core, if there is one. And no, there isn't any thanks to do this simply. i suppose they may use constant ABI as Android's MediaPlayer however it's large amounts of labor and doubtless not worthwhile except for battery life

Yeah you're right I checked and you are right concerning libavcodec having functions written in hand-optimized assembly specifically for ARM with NEON. Writing all that code seems like lots of labor, thus I imagined somebody would have written the codecs employing a math library that automatically uses the correct hardware As way as your second comment goes, i do not understand enough concerning ARM and the way processors work to work out why accessing the dedicated DSP core would be troublesome. So, why is it difficult to access the dedicated DSP?

Android doesn't mandate that there be a DSP core on the phone in any respect. If I recall properly the reason an Android dev gave, the MediaPlayer will check if there is a specific library obtainable and use it, if needed . What you wish to appreciate is that numerous that stuff is proprietary and closed-source. Also, it is not ARM - it is a utterly completely different core, with its own instruction set and limitations. The sole affordable thanks to do it in VLC would be to imitate the MediaPlayer interfaces, which, as I already mentioned, is huge amounts of labor.

Hey I also found this C compiler cannot produce executable It can be that you simply don’t have the specified development packages to compile VLC for android install packages like build-essentials and compilers used for android Doing cross compiling from Linux and of an unfinished version looks tough to me. Anyway if there's not a binary anywhere, it should be as a result of it's not usable for currently, thus not abundant well worth the effort.

I do. I even have an excessive amount of of a disparate music assortment , all at home that I solely trouble with a library primarily based system on the HTPC, and VLC for everything else. Stuff is organised into folders, find for looking VLC is that the quickest to startup.

I guess I ought to add that i'm on Windows seven. I even have some BD rips and a few super high bitrates anime downloads. On VLC and WMP, they chock to the purpose of them not being playable. On MPC-HC, and that they all work perfectly fine. Another issue is, I did not say that I even have a nasty opinion of VLC, I said it will an OK job, however I even have switched to MPC-HC sixty four bit on Windows seven as a result of it plays my insane files whereas the others do not.