Thread: No sound on InfoWay Note N8610 after installing Ubuntu 11.04

No sound on InfoWay Note N8610 after installing Ubuntu 11.04

I am using a laptop “InfoWay Note N8610” and I have recently installed Ubuntu 11.04 and I am very new to the linux world so I am no very much aware of it and the problem that I am facing now is that my laptop has lost its sound and I am sure it appeared after installing Ubuntu 11.04. I was not having the same problem before and it was working very fine as well. I have tried to find out the driver for the same but then I am not getting it. Is there anyone who can help me with the same> any help regarding this will be appreciated.

Re: No sound on InfoWay Note N8610 after installing Ubuntu 11.04

I am using a laptop “InfoWay Note N8610” and I have recently installed Ubuntu 11.04 and I am very new to the linux world so I am no very much aware of it and the problem that I am facing now is that my laptop has lost its sound and I am sure it appeared after installing Ubuntu 11.04. I was not having the same problem before and it was working very fine as well. I have tried to find out the driver for the same but then I am not getting it. Is there anyone who can help me with the same> any help regarding this will be appreciated.
    I will suggest you to run the below command in the terminal:
    aplay -l | grep card
    And after that you should get similar result as compared to the below one:
    card 0: Audigy2 [SB Audigy 2 ZS [SB0350]], device 4: p16v [p16v]
    card 1: Intel [HDA Intel], device 0: HDA Generic [HDA Generic]

So here when you which card you are having, for the Intel card you can enter the below command:
    sudo lsmod | grep snd

In case if you are having multiple cards then you can go in to the Sound Preferences and then select the Output" tab and then try to change the options and then see if it is making any difference.

I am having the same problem after switching to Ubuntu 11.04 system, I don’t know what went wrong with it after the installing Ubuntu 11.04 as everything was working fine before and I had never faced this kind of problem with the previous version that I have used. I have also tried reinstalling the sound drivers thinking it might help but then unfortunately they did not and I am still having the same problem. Is there any other method that I can try out to get it work? Any further help will be appreciated.

I think that you should first try trouble shooting it, and for the same you can just refer the below link:
    DebuggingSoundProblems
    But then if it does not help then you can try to use the below command:
    echo "options snd-hda-intel model=auto" | sudo tee -a /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf
    Just try it out and then let me know what you get.

I think that you should try to reset the pulse configuration and in order to do the same just use a terminal and enter the below code:
    rm -r ~/.pulse ~/.asound* ~/.pulse-cookie
    sudo rm /etc/asound.conf

After that just ignore if you get any error and proceed, I think that you will get 'No such file or directory' errors so just ignore them and then reboot the machine and then see if it is making any difference.

I think that I can help you here I was having the same problem but then I have solved it out somehow, if you want then you can try out the same, Just open the users and the groups in unity and after that just click on the groups and then double click on the audio and after that check mark the pulse access reboot your machine and then check it out. Actually I have found that the cause of this problem in my case was that user account was not giving the access to the group ergo and that is I why it was not able to access the resources completely. I am not very sure if you are having the same case but then I think that you should at least try it out and see if it is helping you out or not.

Hey guys I have now solved the problem, actually I had just visited a forum where similar problem was mentioned and I just found a solution that actually worked out for me and it was just that press the mute button on my laptop and after that the sound was back and now I am really happy that I have solved it now, the thing that surprised me out here was that the mute and volume buttons were not working before so I had not tried the same but then after finding a solution for the same I tried it out and I found it to be working again. So here I have solved both problems, I don’t know what worked out for me but then I am just concerned in getting them work again, Anyways thanks to you all for your help, I really appreciate them.

I was facing the same problem before and I have solved it out by addressing the script that I got to the alsa site and after that they suggested me to go in to the System > Preferences>Sound and then unmute the volume, even though it is said to be default it was not the same in my case and after unmuting the volume the problem was solved and now my laptop is working just fine without any problem. I am not sure that you might be having the same case but then just check it out and see what you get. Best of luck.

Hey guys even I need some help, actually even I have upgraded my system to 11.04 and after the upgrade the Sound was working fine without any problem and it worked so for a week but then it just stopped working today suddenly. By now I have also tried re-installing the alsa sound utilities and the pulse audio as well but then I have found that the is missing in the top right of the status bar. I don’t know what to do know, is there anyone who can help me out??