Thread: How can i perform system update in Sony tablet s

How can i perform system update in Sony tablet s

Hi, i am using this sony tablet s from couple of days and have kept the same OS that were actually comes up with the device only and that’s why i am about to perform a system update on this device, so can you please let me know how can we do that? Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Re: How can i perform system update in Sony tablet s

See updating the device is quite easier but still you should make sure the device must be connected to the WIFi network with internet access and plugged in to ac power source prior to update the firmware. I would like to recommend you that you should try to follow the below mentioned steps in order to update the firmware of the device.

• Tap the home button in order to verify that you are on home screen.

• As soon as you reach to home, you have to tap to the “apps” icon on the screen

• Once you tap over there the application list will be displayed, thus from the given list tap the “setting” icon.

• Once the settings page is displayed you have to click on the “about tablet” icon at the bottom left corner.

• As you click over there you’ll get the screen as mentioned in the picture below where you can find the option for system update.

• Now you have to tap on the option called “system update”, the tablet will check for the available update, if there is any. (If suppose you get the message like “the system software is up to date” that means there isn’t any software available)

• If the firmware update will be available then you can see it on the screen something written as (version XXX) and you can see the download button below the screen.

• Thus now you have to tap the download button.

• As you click you the “download button” the system will start download the update to the device.

• While the process is going on it is always recommended to not to remove the AC power as it may lead to loss the data stored in the tablet.

(NOTE – if you receive a “failed to download the update” message, then the sony tablet device lost the power or the connection to the WIFI network. In this case reconnect AC power, re establish the WIFI network connection and begin the system update procedure once again)

• Once the update will be completed you’ll get the screen showing button called “restart to update” and as you press that the device will start installing the update.

• As the process gets completed you’ll get an message on the screen as an “update to version XXX completed successfully.

Though i am agree with the above user but still the system software can be updated using the ‘system update” icon as well. see you can follow the below mentioned steps for the same.

1. Periodically the system will detect that a software update is available and display a notification.

2. You can see blue arrow at the notification tray at the bottom right corner on the screen, which will notify you as the software update is available to download.

3. You have to tap the system update icon to display the notification

4. As the notification appears on the screen tap it to begin installation process. And you’ll get the instruction on the screen to complete the process.

hey thanks dude for the suggestion, but still updating the firmware by our own can void the warranty of the device?

hey thanks dude for the suggestion, but still updating the firmware by our own can void the warranty of the device?

As far as i know, updating the firmware doesn’t make any changes to the warranty terms but still if you are not aware about the same then you should try to contact the tech support and confirm about the same. in fact it would be better if you simply make get the firmware update from the service center itself.