Thread: iPod locks up when connected to Sony XDRDS12IP Speaker Dock

iPod locks up when connected to Sony XDRDS12IP Speaker Dock

I have got this dock. This dock also has an alarm with Dab radio, speakers etc. I bought this to connect my ipod. The issue is when I seated ipod on it, it connects properly then the ipod locks up. Same thing happened with iphone also. If I connect using the mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm jack I don’t see locking. It seems to me that this speaker dock is incompatible with iDevices. However the package suggests that it is designed for ipod/iphone. Then what could be reason?

Re: iPod locks up when connected to Sony XDRDS12IP Speaker Dock

The iPhone does not come with Apple universal dock insert. Apple offers separately an accessory kit named ‘iPhone Universal Dock Adapter 3-Pack’. This will allow the iPhone to connect effectively to the iPod Universal Dock and additional products that make use of the Universal Dock system.

If you are still having the issue, you can verify the iPod for disc errors. You would like to reset your iPod by pressing in the center button as well as menu button for 10 seconds. One time it flashes back to the Apple logo, it will need some time load back up. At that time, the iPod automatically checks for whichever errors. If you dig up a sad face portrait on the screen, you definitely have some kind of error stopping you from loading properly.

Locking up of the device automatically is a good thing and it might be default. You just don’t know about it yet. You should contact Apple Support or visit their web site for more information otherwise walk into the closest Apple store in your locality. Sometimes Local consumer electronics stores also help you on if you are not comfortable repair on your own.

Possibly the nearly all admired iPhone as well as iPod accessories following headphones, speaker docks are as well between the slightest companionable with the iPad." This need of compatibility arises for the reason that the iPad base is wider than the iPhone, iPod otherwise iPod touch, thus the dock connector port will not assemble appropriately on all the speaker docks. In order to solve this matter you should purchase a dock extender cable. This might be the better and possible solution.