Thread: Unable to create BIS account in BlackBerry Bold 9900

Unable to create BIS account in BlackBerry Bold 9900

i would like to share my impression so far about my first blackberry phone as i have mentioned in the title. My BB bold 9900 is a nightmare, as i used my device and attempted to create an BIS account, i got the 507 error and for resolving that i searched all the web but didn’t find any solution for the same. I have tried my best in order to make a BIS account through the phone but unfortunately i was not able to get it created. Any suggestion for resolving this? thanks in advanced.

Re: Unable to create BIS account in BlackBerry Bold 9900

Ok it is quite simple but still will you please let me know which service operator you are using? It would be better if you mentioned it perfectly so that i could suggest you better sort of assistance.

it might be possible that the device you have mentioned only supports either BlackBerry Internet Service 2.0 or BlackBerry Internet Service 1.8 service. Thus i would like to recommend you that you should call the tech support and ask about the same.

I am not sure whether the network operator will let you know about the same or not but if possible then you should ask them as well.

dude, To set up your BlackBerry Internet Service account from your computer, follow the below mentioned steps.
    • Go to your service provider’s BlackBerry Internet Service web site(I have mentioned this two and you have to select the one which you are using)

Telstra - BlackBerry Web Client

Vodafone - BlackBerry Web Client

• Once you open the LINK you’ll get an option where you have to click “Create New Account”. The Account Setup web page appears.

• Type the personal information number that’s “PIN” and International Mobile Equipment Identity that’s IMEI, or electronic serial number (ESN) for your device.

• Once you completed with providing the information you should click Continue.

• Now you have to mentioned you user name and password

• Click Sign up.

• Click Next. Your account is now set up.

Though i have the same opinion as the above user but still as far as the 507 error is concerned i think there could be some problem with the firmware installed in the phone. have you ever tried resetting the firmware? Ok you can do that as well, but before that you can have another option as well to contact your network provide for the technical support regarding the same.

See if you haven’t then i would like to recommend you that you should first try to reset the firmware and then only try to set up an BIS account, i am sure you’ll not get any problem doing that.

But while you reset the firmware make sure you have make backup of important data or else they will be removed and which is not recoverable in fact.

Ok it is quite simple but still will you please let me know which service operator you are using? It would be better if you mentioned it perfectly so that i could suggest you better sort of assistance.
    Hey sorry for the inconvenience, actually i am using AT&T services so will i get the solution? Actually the above mentioned steps are quite correct but they are emphasizing on Vodafone only. Anyways thanks for the suggestion.

Hey sorry for the inconvenience, actually i am using AT&T services so will i get the solution? Actually the above mentioned steps are quite correct but they are emphasizing on Vodafone only. Anyways thanks for the suggestion.
    Thanks for providing information regarding the same, and i would like to recommend you that you should visit the LINK i have mentioned which is actually for the att.

Though i am agree with the above user but still you can set up your account from your BlackBerry device itself as well, for that you need to follow the below mentioned steps.

1. First you need to confirm whether your blackberry device is connected to the wireless network or not.

2. If a sign in screen does not come into view, click Email Settings.

3. Click Create New Account option > > Get Link.

4. Now you have to enter your user name and password and click Next.

5. include an email address for an existing account or create a BlackBerry email address.

6. Simply click Next. Your account is now set up.