Thread: BlackBerry Bold 9900 not getting charged

BlackBerry Bold 9900 not getting charged

HI, i am having BB 9900 and having problem with the phone, as I am not able to get the phone charged however. I have tried my best in order to find the solution for the same but still didn’t got any. Whenever i try to charge the mobile i used to get the message saying,

“The charging source connected to your Blackberry device cannot charge your battery”.

in fact i am not even able to determine whether what could be the problem? Anyways any suggestion for fixing this will be esteemed.

Re: BlackBerry Bold 9900 not getting charged

Are you sure as you are using the original product for charging. In other words i would like to let you aware as you must have to make use of the same charger that you have gotten with your device rather than making use of any other charger. Because see the thing is like if you make use of any other, so not now exactly but after some time you’ll surely start getting problems regarding the same. thus it would be better if you simply make out whether you are trying to charge it through the original product or not.

If suppose you are sure as you were actually charging through the original charger only but still you are having problem with the phone that simply means there could be some problem with the charger. Have you tried chagrining with any other?(off course another original) if not then you should do that at least to figure out whether the problem is because of the charger itself or because of the battery that the mobile comprises.

Are you able to get the phone charged VIA USB? You should try to do that, because if there will some problem with the battery then it will not get charged through the USB as well.

I would like to recommend you that you should try to reset the firmware of the phone so that you can have idea whether the problem is because of the hardware in the phone or because of the firmware installed in the phone. have you ever attempted for the firmware resetting?

See if you are not aware about the procedure then you can simply refer to the manual given to you with the product itself. You should try with the soft resetting but if suppose you aren’t getting any variation in the result then you should go with the hard resetting as well. because while you make a hard resetting, it will restore the complete data to the phone replacing the current one.

NOTE: you should always make a backup of important data as when you reset the phone all the data from the phone will be wiped out and which will not be recoverable even.

I have tried charging the phone with almost every charger i have along with the one i have gotten with the phone i have but still nothing seems to be working perfectly over here. I think there is surely some problem with the device i am using, anyways thanks for the suggestion.

I have tried charging the phone with almost every charger i have along with the one i have gotten with the phone i have but still nothing seems to be working perfectly over here. I think there is surely some problem with the device i am using, anyways thanks for the suggestion.
    You should try to reinstall the firmware once in the phone and see whether you are getting the same error or the phone is getting charged.

I think it would be better if you simply visit the service center and get the replacement for any of the damaged hardware. Because see after seeing the above comments it seems like you must be having problem in the phone for sure.

Thus if you visit the service center you’ll not only get the idea as what exactly is causing the problem rather you can get some sort of solution as well for the same. along with that if suppose any of that hardware needs an replacement then also you get it for free of cost if the device will be in the warranty period.