Thread: How can I transfer vcf file contacts from the Samsung phone to alcatel phone

How can I transfer vcf file contacts from the Samsung phone to alcatel phone

As I have recently bought the alcatel phone for myself, since my previous samsung phone got damaged. So I went for buying the new phone from alcatel. But the problem is that I need to transfer the contacts from my previous Samsung phone to the new alcatel phone. So whenever I try transferring the contacts to the alcatel phone it shows me that “file unknown” .So I would like to know that do the alcatel phone supports the .vcf format or not and is there any way to get the contact displayed normally in the alcatel phone.

Re: How can I transfer vcf file contacts from the Samsung phone to alcatel phone

As far I have used many phones and transfer my contacts now and then so as far I’m concern I never came with the contact issue. Every of the phone to which I have used has supported the contacts well. So I don’t think there should be any issue regarding the contacts. If you are getting the contact not displayed properly than you should try rebooting the phone and then see that are you able to get the contacts displayed properly or not.

Re: How can I transfer vcf file contacts from the Samsung phone to alcatel phone

Even I got the phone just weeks back and had the same issue contacts file format was not supported when transferred from the nokia phone. I tried restarting it couple of times but had the same issue so finally I had to type each and every number of the contacts manually due to the format not supporting.

I would also like to know about how can I import the contacts from the Samsung phone to the other phone, as I’m using some chine mobile and thing what I see is that the contacts file unsupported. So I how can I transfer the contacts properly to the chine phone.

According to me if you want to transfer the .vcf file in to the alcatel phone then you should first mark all the contacts by going in option and don’t copy the contacts singly. After this copy all the business card to the PC or the memory card and transfer the contacts to the phone. And you can also do by copying the contacts into the sim card and then transferring the contact to the phone and copying it to the phone memory and see whether the contacts is visible in the phone or not.

According to me if you want to transfer the .vcf file in to the alcatel phone then you should first mark all the contacts by going in option and don’t copy the contacts singly. After this copy all the business card to the PC or the memory card and transfer the contacts to the phone. And you can also do by copying the contacts into the sim card and then transferring the contact to the phone and copying it to the phone memory and see whether the contacts is visible in the phone or not.
    I tried with the upper solution to transfer the contacts to the alcatel phone but it shows me the same message of the file format unsupported. First I tried copying the contacts to the memory card and then inserting it to the other phone and copying the message to the phone but was not supported, so I tried with the other option of the copying to the sim card and then transferring it to the other phone but still had the same issue. So for this I would like to know that is there any other way from where I can do it.

For transferring the .vcf format to the other phone than follow some of the procedure mentioned below:-

1) First copy all the contacts from the Samsung phone to the PC/ laptop.
    2) Make different folder named .vcf format
    3) Now after doing this rename the folder with the “phone contact” or any of your name
    4) Now create new folder
    5) Copy all the files from the “phone contact” folder or any of your name folder
    6) After doing this go to the “run” and type “cmd”
    7) In “cmd” go to the path by typing cd C:/ “type the particular file path”
    8) Now use this COPY *.vcf MyNewFIle.vcf
    9) Doing this will get all the contacts in the .vcf format.
    10) After this copy all the contacts to the phone you want it in.