Thread: Does T-Mobile UMA and WiFi Hotspot available for BlackBerry Bold 9900's next firmware update?

Does T-Mobile UMA and WiFi Hotspot available for BlackBerry Bold 9900's next firmware update?

HI, i am a blackberry bol 9900 user and in which i am using T-mobile as a service provider but still i am quite confused about the next firmware update. I have heard that the feature i have mentioned in the title will be added to the next firmware update but still this is just next to rumor, Can anyone who knows anything regarding the same can post over here. Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Re: Does T-Mobile UMA and WiFi Hotspot available for BlackBerry Bold 9900's next firmware update?

obviously those feature are available at this moment as well, thus if you wanted to have then you must have to reinstall the firmware once in the phone.

I have gotten my newer bold 9900 yesterday itself and i have gotten this features activated.

Re: Does T-Mobile UMA and WiFi Hotspot available for BlackBerry Bold 9900's next firmware update?

though you are quite eager to have this features in the phone but still i would say it would be better if you just don’t get this features activated as i have done it and since I've had problems with the handoff from UMA to 3G or EDGE. It doesn't exercise well on either my 9700 or my 9800.

Whenever i make calls through it, it just drop the call every time. For the previous several years I have had no problem with that handoff using the identical router and OS versions on my Blackberry devices. The devices will still go from EDGE to UMA with no trouble, however. After much troubleshooting I finally called TMobile for the assistance. But still why don’t you call them as what i have done, they will surely let you know about the feature that you are expecting.

so it seems like unfortunately i have to wait, because UMA is the only way i endure in my residence...but still i was surprised is there a way to manually configure the UMA like we did for the blackberry torch...?

I personally believes that while UMA is enabled on the BB bold 9900 it will not do handoffs. If that is truthful, it clashes with the idea that they are not enabling it in anticipation of fixing the handoff trouble.