Thread: Unable to go back in task switcher in BlackBerry Bold 9900

Unable to go back in task switcher in BlackBerry Bold 9900

Hi, i am having blackberry 9900 phone and i am having problem with the back key as whenever i press it, instead going back it brings up the task switcher. It makes it not possible to exit a trouble or close an email or SMS. If I restart the phone, the dilemma goes away but still comes back after sometime. And the surest thing that i can tell you is like the ALT key is not stuck at all. Any suggestion what could be the solution for the same?

Re: Unable to go back in task switcher in BlackBerry Bold 9900

I think you must have installed OS 7.0.0.308 version’s firmware in the phone, isn’t it? If so then let me tell you as the bug that you have reported is the most common in this firmware. For some rationale every once in awhile my back button decline to work and abruptly decides to fire up the task switcher in its place.

I have confirmed with 2 Rogers users that this was the case on previous OS versions for the 9900 and was fixed in later releases. I hope that this does the identical for the 9930.

Yup, you are right as you are not the only one getting this problem rather I get this similar difficulty with my bold. I can shut off emails with Menu/Close, but it really insects me.

as it seems like almost all the people are having same problem with the phone thus it seems like there could be some problem with the firmware installed in the phone, isn’t it guys? Anyways have you ever tried to reset the firmware in the phone ever? Because see if there will be any glitch with the firmware that it will be resolved once you reset the firmware in the phone.

I hope you must be aware about the resetting procedure but still be aware as resetting the data will simply wiped out the data from the phone and will restore the previous data once again in the phone. thus it will simply replace the existing data in the phone thus those wiped data will not be recoverable. Thus in this case it would be better if you make a back up copy of important data and them only proceed with the resetting.

i am completely agree with the above user but if suppose you are still having the same problem with the phone then you should try to reinstall the whole firmware once in the phone, i hope this will simply resolve the problem without anymore hitch.

Hey thanks for the suggestion, but i think you must be right as this should be bug only, because when i was searching about the same on internet i came to know that there is a fix for the same but for that we need to reinstall the unofficial leak of OS 7.0.0.340. but still if you don’t wanted to make use of that software then you must have to reinstall the older version, or else there isn’t any solution made yet to resolve it.