Thread: never Left "Memory Clean" Enabled on BlackBerry Bold 9930

never Left "Memory Clean" Enabled on BlackBerry Bold 9930

Hey I would like to let you aware to the blackberry bold users as the title implies when you go to OPTIONS >> SECURITY >> ADVANCED SECURITY SETTINGS >> MEMORY CLEANING you can Enable the memory cleaner and even place a shortcut on the home screen.

But still the thing is like If you do this, it will not at all place a shortcut on the home screen and will take at least 10 minutes for your phone to restart itself. Thus basically this should be consider as a nuisance only. I thought my phone must be bricked while doing this. I tried this more than one time and the same thing happens each time no matter whatever you do additionally. Once I disable and uncheck place a shortcut on the home screen, the phone will boot within 2 minutes that’s obvious. Is there anybody having same problem with the phone?

Re: never Left "Memory Clean" Enabled on BlackBerry Bold 9930

I would have the same opinion regarding the option you have mentioned but still the thing is like it must be a bug in this OS 7.0.0.254. Because you are not the only one having this problem rather i have seen many others having the same problem with the phone.

I would have the same opinion regarding the option you have mentioned but still the thing is like it must be a bug in this OS 7.0.0.254. Because you are not the only one having this problem rather i have seen many others having the same problem with the phone.
    I think there could be some problems with the firmware you have installed guys, because see i have also installed the same firmware in the phone and everything works fine with me. Or this is why because I am having other phone? See I have installed the same firmware version mentioned in my blackberry bold 9900. I think you should once try with the firmware resetting to your phone and then try the same thing once again and see whether you are getting the same result or not? Because see if there will some software glitch then it will be resolve since you completed with the firmware resetting.

So as you have mentioned like you are only having problem when you put a shortcut on the home screen otherwise everything works fine, and after seeing this it seems like surely there could be some problem with the firmware you have installed. Thus you should try with the resetting as mentioned above.

But still if suppose you are still getting the same thing without any variation then you can simply do one thing, don’t put any shortcut on home screen. But still this is quite known issue with the BB bold phones.

Thanks for the result that you have shared over hear but still i would like to let you aware like i am quite unaware about all this options even, so will you please let me know what exactly it does while we enable that option? And is it necessary to enable that option in the phone?

Thanks for the result that you have shared over hear but still i would like to let you aware like i am quite unaware about all this options even, so will you please let me know what exactly it does while we enable that option? And is it necessary to enable that option in the phone?
    Well, It was suggested awhile back by one of the IT professional as it would be better to enabled this option in the phone as this will clear out old cached data on the phone, those data includes:

-Certificate Search
    -Certificate Status Manager
    -Clipboard
    -Content Protection Cache
    -Encrypted Messages
    -Key Store
    -PGP Key Search

It was also suggested to wiped out the Event Log every so often as that builds up and takes up space.

good to know about the same, but still it seems like there isn’t any requirement to get the option enabled according to me, or simply as far as my usage is concerned.

I guess both the option must be turned on, because I have tried this thing and the thing is like i don't have content protection enabled rather memory clean is, via our BES policies, and I have no problem with performance or reboot time. As whenever i reboot the cell it usually takes 90 seconds or so. Now that I know what Memory clean really does, I'll disable forcing it through the BES policy. I learned something new here today! Thanks for sharing information dude.