Thread: unable to connect to internet but Wireless network connected

unable to connect to internet but Wireless network connected

I am having a Toshiba Laptop. I am using Windows XP on that. I was having a virus issue due to which I had formatted the pc. But after that I am having problem with internet connection. I am able to use internet on the wireless network but when I connect that through lan port it is not working. I want some help here. I want to use it through the lan cable which is not working. How can I fix the issue. I had installed all the required things after formatting.

Looks like driver problem. Go in Device Manager and see the lan adapter. You just have to update the drivers in that and check. That will be enough to fix the problem. Depending on your laptop model you have to find the right driver update and install it in the system. Just run the setup and done. There are different adapter that control the lan and wireless. In your case the wifi is working but lan is not properly installed.

You can use a third party driver updater software if you are unable to get the lan thing work. Just download the software and scan your pc with that. There are many popular driver updater software available. I am using DriverMax. Download this through your wifi. This tool will simply update the driver in your system. Upon reboot it will start working. I think that is enough to fix the problem. If still it fails to work then carry the same to your nearest service center.