Thread: Mobile charger with higher output

Mobile charger with higher output

i am using nokia mobile phone and somehow i misplaced my charger wich is 3.7 V, 1000 mA battery. now i thought to buy new charger from online shop with warranty, so as per my mobile specification 3.7 V is good for my cell, but the new charger which i am going to buy is 5V output instead of 3.7. so i just want to know that is it worth to buy this charger with 5V?

Re: Mobile charger with higher output

You just try 10 ohm resistor and after that check the output. you know generally its normal to output a higher volt, while a volt meter applied to it. a quick calculation of the 5v charger says that load presented in the cell is 6.25 ohms, so there are no harm to using 5v of charger instead of 3.7.

i think 5v is standard for the 3.7 v mobile phones. when you put your cell in PC via USB its delivered 5v which is by default recomanded to charge mobile via PC.

use an LM7803 integrated circuit one leg (the legs are equipped with the metal lying to the floor and the hole up, one leg is on the left) is the positive input of the two is the negative(O), and leg three is the positive output (it is positive that would connect to the mobile). For the polarity of the wires you need a tester, using the voltmeter you can identify the positive and negative information about the charger.

Here i have some mechanical solution for you. You could use a timer 555 (not CMOS) astable mode. The idea is to have a DC-DC converter gear (Buck type). The only precaution is to filter the output. The operating frequency should be above 40kHz. No es necesario agregar transistor. It is not necessary to add transistor. I would power from output pin 3. Add a small coil with a relatively small capacitor (to ground). Then straight to cell. This method ensures some efficiency.

i think higer volt charger may be harmfull for your mobile. if the specification of mobile giving 3.7v only than you have to use 3.7 only not 5v. because its cause your bettery. its really harmful for your bettery and which is also responsible to hang up your mobile phone.

how much i learn about the charger volt, you can use higher volt charger. like if you have to chage your car with 12v but because of some problem you cant be able to use 12v charger than you have an alternative charger with 14.7 v, likewise if you charge in mobile phone you can use 5v of charger. it doesnt matter that your cell specification is 3.7v. if you use 5v of charger insted of 3.7v of charger, than its giving only 3.7v of output till the current drops close to zero.

i am using all type of charger with any volt without any problem. i have problem with just one charger, that is my original nokia car charger, because its suddenly giving 1v of output. no problem with the phone ecxept it did not charge.

i just replace my 5v adepter and its now giving me 7v of output where my mobile only requires 3.7v, no harm for temporary but its reduce the mobile and bettery life in long term of use.