Thread: Password timeout policies in Ice Cream Sandwich

Password timeout policies in Ice Cream Sandwich

I access this Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich in last one month on my mobile phone and it looks really attractive. I used it for playing video games and watching internet videos on it. Now i want to set some password setting on that provide security. I need some setting of this device that works to set the password of such smartphone that should need to reenter after 30 minutes of inactivity. it will be works to avoid any hacking strategy on it and provide more security on it. Is there any such password policy available on it?? If yes, please share your valuable result for this mobile phone. Thanks.

Re: Password timeout policies in Ice Cream Sandwich

In gingerbread phone, there is option presents on it. This options works to perform such kind of activity. you can found such options on the "Security > Screen Lock" menu. there is few important options presents on there. They are None, Slide, Pattern, PIN, and Password. They also allow to set the time slot on smartphone. after finishing this time slot with inactivity on phone, your phone ask about password. this is well for smartphone security purpose.

If you ask me about such things, i can say, use master password on your smartphone. You can do this task on similar setting->phone menu. It provides you the screen lock option that works to lock the mobile screen after specific inactivity time slot. after finishing this inactivity time slot, you need to enter the master password on it. this is almost presents on most of the android phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Donatien View Post
    If you ask me about such things, i can say, use master password on your smartphone. You can do this task on similar setting->phone menu. It provides you the screen lock option that works to lock the mobile screen after specific inactivity time slot. after finishing this inactivity time slot, you need to enter the master password on it. this is almost presents on most of the android phone.
    As per my own epxerience, you can just try to find out such kind of software on your android phone. There are several such kind of apps presents on its android market. you can download and install it. Hope this time you got better result on it. Try this and check its result. this is helpful for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Aachman View Post
    As per my own epxerience, you can just try to find out such kind of software on your android phone. There are several such kind of apps presents on its android market. you can download and install it. Hope this time you got better result on it. Try this and check its result. this is helpful for you.
    I also looking similar kind of options that works to fix this complex issue. I just go to Setting menu and hit the display option. IN that option i found the "Display Timeout". i set it to enable and set its setting time out to 15 seconds. Now i found that in my smartphone if i doesn't press key on smartphone for more than 15 seconds, it goes to lock situations. This is really well and it will be work to fix such complex issue. This is well for me and i can say that you can also try this on your smartphone.

If you want to get the more information about it, i would be say to contact the official android expert person. they describe more information about it. You can simply log on to that site and check its details. I am sure that this is really helpful to you for fixing this complex issue.

Quote Originally Posted by CassandraD View Post
    If you want to get the more information about it, i would be say to contact the official android expert person. they describe more information about it. You can simply log on to that site and check its details. I am sure that this is really helpful to you for fixing this complex issue.
    Thanks for your such helpful responce. i used setting menu of the android phone. it works and with the help of suitable options i was able to fix the password timeout problem. In this process, i also take help of the mobile phone manual. This is well for me and it works well to fix protection problem.