Thread: Compaq Armada M300

Compaq Armada M300

I have a Compaq M300 with 333 MHz and 64 MB of memory. I would like to expand the memory to 128 MB. How do I get to the store ran (in notebook) and on what I have to look for when purchasing memory, except the number of pins (SO-DIMM, 144 pin) and the clock frequency? A manual and unfortunately I have not even found with Google. Are there any specific sites?

Re: Compaq Armada M300

have time to upgrade the Comba a memory M300 by nem let that matched, but he did not then and am back and have tried about 5 different, to the memory actually worked, and has been shown. Way, is not difficult if you can screw bit and courage, one has to unscrew the keyboard and push away from ujnten at the screen carefully the three lugs with a screwdriver, if I'm correct in my memory. On the homepage of HP you can download the manuals in English, including instructions on how to reinfummelt the memory.

I've found on the official site of HP an accompanying manual, now let I know how I can get to the store, but as I get out, whether it is compatible with the board? Kingston is (almost) always compatible? I've also been informed in a computer shop, but to me the installation is too expensive there.

I am also happy owner of Armada M100. Write letters to surfing, that read digital camera, and everything else so powerful at home is really the best part, because pretty small, light and stable. Disadvantages of an external CD-ROM drive: you can install on a blank hard disk is not a new operating system such as Windows 98,2000, etc. of the CD will boot. These must be removed and the plate with an adapter (the IDE connector of the notebook hard drives are smaller than normal IDE drives) are incorporated into a standard PC. There you can then install eg Windows NT in a stripped-down basic installation (directory name as WINNT40), copy the Windows 2000 CD on it, then the hard disk into the laptop stick, boot with Windows NT, Windows 2000 in an extra directory (default: WINDOWS) install (NT does not update).

More and more companies equip their employees, especially from those who are working outside the office with laptops. Whether you're a businessman or engineer, such a part is now almost as common as a company phone. Also, I count since November 2000, the lucky owners of these devices. I would like to bring you closer to the Compaq Armada M300. This notebook is equipped with the Intel Mobile Pentium III 600 MHz. The main memory (SDRAM) is 64 MB. However, it is possible to expand it to up to 320 MB. The hard drive has a capacity of 12 gigabytes, you can by extension with two hard drives simultaneously.

The hinged display is large 12.1-inch, it can play a total of 16 million colors with a maximum resolution of 1024 x 768 pixels. I find the picture quality is very good and sufficient. Also noteworthy are the built-in stereo speakers; rich smooth sound and up on low volume controllable. The built-in lithium-ion battery provided a lifetime of about 1.5 hours under full load, the device can, however, for the temporary non-use easily switch to power saving mode, thereby saving a lot. If the duration but not sufficient, you can of course a second battery in Multibay drive bay.

Compaq has recently launched new models for the Navy range. the model M300 is based on a Pentium III 600 MHz with 256 KB of cache, microprocessor incorporates SpeedStep technology and allows to optimize the use of the battery, Li-Ion, lasting two to three hours. It is targeted at senior executives, financial analysts and managers in general. One of its main attractions is its weight and its dimensions as 1.36 kg and a thickness of only 2.5 cm make it portable to the computer.

Compaq has chosen a combo unit Mini-PCI v.90 modem + 10/100 NIC. It also has a series of buttons (four) on the right side of the keyboard, that will provide direct access to the Internet. On the back are the team VGA output (for connecting an external monitor), a parallel port, one serial port, USB port and a port for infrared devices (IrDA). It is also capable of housing a Type II PC Card.