Thread: Email client in Android Ice cream sandwich

Email client in Android Ice cream sandwich

You might know that Galaxy Nexus will have Gmail as well as a mail client. I need to do the following configurations in this phone for Gmail. Can I do that?
    • Disable sync to gmail
    • Hide gmail
    • Add all Gmail accounts to mail client?
    • Push those accounts to the phone?
    • Turn off Sync of google calendar and other things
    • Configure Exchange account (OWA) and pop/IMAP accounts in the mail client?

Re: Email client in Android Ice cream sandwich

The tab "Account" includes all email providers. For email, offer three assistants set up an account classical (type pop or IMAP), Gmail (Google Account) or Exchange. To have the configuration wizards Facebook or Twitter, just install the applications available on the official Android Market.

Side interface, no major changes from the client mail Gingerbred. We always regret the absence of a unified box capable of mixing Gmail accounts and Pop mail accounts, IMAP or Exchange.

Google has forgotten nothing since it is possible to define a consumption cycle corresponding to the start and end of the subscription. If necessary, you can also set a ceiling to avoid overruns when the subscription is not unlimited. If exceeded its data plan, the terminal blocks Web communications. Better yet, to know the applications the most bandwidth-intensive, it is possible to obtain a retail consumption application. More difficult to complete!

Yes, support for Exchange has been improved and adapted. So it is now possible, for example server-side apps to look like the email client or calendar has been completely revised.

Although I am an absolute fan of the HTC interface Sense, I've made my decision yet for the Gmail app and let the app run with HTC in the background to the email link with the contacts not to lose, but a fast working, this naturally includes The push is over for me, no way around the Gmail app.

Although it is normal for us to use the terminals that come with OS Android mail client with Gmail, for its excellent integration into the same, you may want to use other accounts from other providers.

I recommend K-9. Displays the receiver and I am running on a Magic absolutely reliable and fast with 3 accounts.

Only Exchange does not work. For this I use the preinstalled e-mail client.

I use the GMail does not.