Thread: Android ICS update on verizon

Android ICS update on verizon

I am currently using the Verizon phone’s. Already two at my home. In that one is running with Android gingerbread and the other one is honeycomb. Other than this there is a Tablet PC which has Froyo. I would like to update all of them to ICS but I don’t want to unlock them in order to update. I want to update them officially via Verizon. How to do it?

Re: Android ICS update on verizon

The Galaxy Nexus will come with Android 4.0.1, the version for Verizon has apparently been preinstalled. According to the XDA Developers, there is only one new screen saver when loading the device, which displays the time and activates the Nexus while typing on the screen. There are no visual changes. Now the question is whether this is perhaps only to the LTE version for Verizon. Whether to pack more features into Google Android 4.1 and the update is actually available for the GSM equipment to be still open. Incidentally, it is not uncommon for manufacturers in the market launch already have an update in the rear, there will then flow usually the first

Since the first phone to be released with ice cream sandwich is the Samsung Nexus Galaxy, my feeling is that many of Samsung phones, recently launched will also get the update Ice Cream Sandwich, including the full range Nexus S phones on AT & T, Sprint and T-Mobile USA. I also think that phones Samsung Galaxy S II that were just released this fall will also get the update to the ice cream sandwich.

I have a Verizon Motorola Droid 2 and I hate it. And I'm sure there are lots of things that this phone can do that I do not even realize. But I hate it. The only reason I got the Moto Droid in the first place for the reason that Verizon did not offer the iPhone. I know that Google has released a new update that is supposed to make it more user friendly.