Thread: Is it possible to set a custom alert tones in Nokia Lumia 800

Is it possible to set a custom alert tones in Nokia Lumia 800

This is not that big question but in my Lumia 800 I am able to set ring tone with no issue but I am not able to set my custom tone seriously this is very annoying I was able to do this on my previous phone but in this phone I am not able to find any option regarding this can anyone here help me on this I would be really very appreciating this

Thanks in advance

Re: Is it possible to set a custom alert tones in Nokia Lumia 800

I was also looking for an option to this however at the moment this is not possible. I suspect this will be included in one of the updates during 2012 though since Microsoft has gotten a lot of suggestions about this I have say on their site hot this will be true some day

I even have done everything however failed in find answer , no. I even have even tried to try and do this myself get using the Zune software. i attempted to trick it by adding an alert genre just like the ringtone genre however it did not work. I too request here that 7thSense has equipped.

I really need a Lumia when the mango update however it's still lacking lots of KEY options. Custom SMS tones, moreover as email and voicemail tones. along side having the ability to manage every tones volume separately. It desires flash moreover. The video player is OK however I hate how you cannot additional

I really consider you all you said and custom ringtones ought to are a customary for such new phones. i assumed once you purchase a replacement phone it's suppose to be higher and trouble free not backward and filled with issues that you simply have to be compelled to sit up for months for an update to try and do one thing my recent phone did normal.

Couldn't believe such a latest phone is therefore backward in such a basic, fundamental feature. enable ANY sound file to be used as a ringtone and therefore the same for all alerts and alarms. whereas you're at it enable individual sounds for individual contacts. this is often not a significant quantity of code and not a significant quantity of memory resource.

I don’t want it but what's this buzz concerning I mean been using constant sms tone for one and half years. Don’t create me provides it up no I even have simply upgrade to a much better phone however still I kept constant SMS tone

There might to be some settings to manage the Notification Profile for special cases where the Notification Profile ought to override the present Notification Mode. for instance, if the Notification Profile had a check box for “override Silent Mode”, then any event that had this setting turned on might play a sound even though the phone had been in Silent Mode. additionally would really like to use the Achievement Unlocked sound from the Xbox on new SMS or Email additionally would like to envision skype and custom text tones on Lumia

I have several automated emails from monitor systems, i would like to merely get notified on server down emails from those monitoring systems, this app is should for wp7.5. Microsoft hopes you're paying attention to us. It's completely necessary for ninety nine individuals to own this risk. therefore please unharness an update so as to assign a custom alert for SMS, MMS, Email, IM...

Don't want it, however i'll use it. recollect it may be a phone, therefore please target the communication half the foremost. Custom alerts may not appear necessary, however with face book and multiple instant messaging programs, it's a good profit having the ability to differentiate simply by sound if it's price dropping what we have a tendency to do to examine the message. five phone calls in an exceedingly month, compared to five hundred texts> i'd abundant rather have custom alerts than ringtones

I would sort of a thanks to outline a group of Notification Profiles. for every Notification Profile, i'd be able to configure that sound {that ought to|that ought to} be played or silent if the phone should vibrate, and a reputation for the profile. Then for every phone event decision, email, sms, mms, ect a separate Notification Profile can be set because the default for that event. every individuals cluster might have a Notification Profile set to it for every event sort that might override the default. every individual Person contact might have a Notification Profile set to it for every event sort that might override the default and cluster settings.