Thread: latest Bios Version for Acer Iconia W500 Tablet

latest Bios Version for Acer Iconia W500 Tablet

I am using Acer Iconia W500 Tablet and i have found that there the latest Bios Version(September 5) for Acer Iconia W500 Tablet has been released to which is said to be handling the background processes but then i have not tried it out and i am willing to do so but then before getting the update i wanted to know that and will share his experience here. Anyone sharing their experience and suggestions here will be appreciated.

Re: latest Bios Version for Acer Iconia W500 Tablet

I am using Acer Iconia W500 Tablet and i have found that there the latest Bios Version(September 5) for Acer Iconia W500 Tablet has been released to which is said to be handling the background processes but then i have not tried it out and i am willing to do so but then before getting the update i wanted to know that and will share his experience here. Anyone sharing their experience and suggestions here will be appreciated.
    Even i have not tried the same so far but then i have contacted the Acer support to know about the same and i just asked some questions that should i update to this bios version or not and what are the advantages of the same. So they simply replied that if you are not having any problem with the bios vesrion that i am having then you should stick to the same. Even though the advice was very strait but then i really want to know that the new bios version is helping in improving the battery life or not because my battery is really draining faster with the bios version i am having? any suggestions for the same will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hey guys i have recently updated my bios version from 1.08 to 1.14 but then i have not used it more since that but then i think that it is working quite well as it used to work and as far as the battery is concerned i don't think that ti is making any difference as compared to the battery life i was getting with the 1.08.

Yes even i have updated my bios to 1.14 and even i don't think that it is making much difference and the only thing that i have found is that the tab now is not getting hotter as compared to the previous verison of the bios, the battery life is the same. Even i had contacted the the Acer support to know that what is the advantage of getting the latest update for the bios that they have released but then i have not yet got a single reply from them. So i did not waited for long and i tried it myself and found it out.

I think that the change in the bios version from 1.13 to 1.14 is just negligible, the only thing that i have found on their website is as followed:
    Vendor Version Size Date Download
    Updates EC version in BIOS. Acer 1.14 3.8 MB 09/05/2011
    Supports Ericsson F3307 3G Card. Acer 1.13 3.8 MB 07/18/2011
    Fixes that system immediately resumes while it connects to 3G network and enter Sleep Mode (S3). Acer 1.10 4.4 MB 07/04/2011
    Fixes battery information reported might be incorrect if battery is in Shut Down mode. Acer 1.08 4.4 MB 04/26/2011

The changes that we get with the 1.14 is as followed:
    • It turns the C-50 into a C-60.
    • The 1Ghz will turn in to 1.3Ghz turbo boost
    • There is not much difference in the GPU.

Affection Re: latest Bios Version for Acer Iconia W500 Tablet

Quote Originally Posted by Gaganvihari View Post
    The changes that we get with the 1.14 is as followed:
    • It turns the C-50 into a C-60.
    • The 1Ghz will turn in to 1.3Ghz turbo boost
    • There is not much difference in the GPU.
    Hi,
    i just got my w500 with c-50 , can anyone confirm this please ??!!
    Regards