Thread: What will be the next os in Nokia after symbian belle

What will be the next os in Nokia after symbian belle

I have bought nokia 500 recently and i am loving it as well but then i just wanted to know that what will be the next version of the os after the symbian belle, Is there anyone who is aware of it the next version that is going to be released in the near future or we will have to switch to some other phone in the coming days? Any suggestion regarding this will be appreciated.

Re: What will be the next os in Nokia after symbian belle

I have bought nokia 500 recently and i am loving it as well but then i just wanted to know that what will be the next version of the os after the symbian belle, Is there anyone who is aware of it the next version that is going to be released in the near future or we will have to switch to some other phone in the coming days? Any suggestion regarding this will be appreciated.
    I am not that sure abut the same but then i have hear in a forum that the responsibility for Symbian OS has been passed by them to the Accenture but then i am not that sure that they will be coming up with a new os in the near future soon, As gar as i can guess i think that the Symbian device will last for a couple of years.

Yes even i have heard the same but then i was not aware of the company name, I have just heard that there will be a new symbian os after the Symbian belle and then we will be able to upgrade windows os or something. Am i right??

No it is not in the say you are thinking, i mean to say that the windows phone is a completely different os as compared to the Symbian belle, there are possibilities that the can provide us with some newer version od the symbiam belle but they wont provide us a update to upgrade to the windows os. hope you are getting my point. They will make some changes in the symian ones or will add something different as well but then they wont change the whole os.

Yes you are right there will be going to be a Symbian belle update but then they will not be coming up soon, I have found that there will be going to be the follwoing updates further but they will take time:
    • Carla update
    • Donna update

As far as the symbian os is concerned then i think that they will not last for just a couple of years but then they will be for more 5 years, I am not very sure about the same but then i have also found that after five years nokia will have an partnership with the Microsoft will end and i really wish they do so and they do it soon. The last thing that i wanted to share that even thought there is till time for the Carla update to come their screen shots will be arriving soon.

Even i have heard about the same and i have found their features as well:
    Symbian Carla:
    8.0 Browser
    Dolby soundround
    NFC
    Best Widgets

Symbian Donna:

Exclusive Dual core Equipment