Thread: My Nokia Lumia 800 screen get scratched

My Nokia Lumia 800 screen get scratched

Hi guys for what I know that the screen of this phone is made up of the gorilla glasses which suppose to be the tough to get any scratches but mine get one, I kept my the phone on the table today with the display downward .i don’t know if the table had grit on it, but my phone was moved over it, it has scratched the gorilla glass screen. Now the scratches are very fine, however easily noticeable, and are clearly really which I don’t want mine phone Is brand new. Should the glass of Lumia faulty I am planning to replace this phone please helps guys what are my options and what’s the reason to this

re: My Nokia Lumia 800 screen get scratched

To the extent that i do know sand will scratch the glass. Even tiny granules. mine was kept within the pocket and it got scratched. thus I recommend you a screen protector, I will undoubtedly tell you to go for the steinheil ultra crystal. It comes during a pack of 2 and is sturdy and does not have an effect on the screen's clarity.

Yeah he's right , it solely takes one tiny grain of sand to form a scratch. It may find yourself in your table while not you ever knowing it. you'll even have a small grain of sand stuck to your finger and not understand it. bit the screen with it and you currently have a scratch. Some dirt is created of small particles of sand, so yes, dirt may probably scratch your screen. gorilla glass does not thusund so robust anymore

It's not extremely that it's not robust. It's scratch RESISTANT glass, not scratch PROOF. It's all regarding the hardness of the fabric. you'll be able to realize videos on Youtube of individuals attempting to scratch Gorilla Glass with things like keys and razor blades. These materials will not scratch it as a result of the glass is more durable than them. Sand is more durable than Gorilla Glass, thus it'll scratch.

I thought the gorilla glass is suppose to unbreakable and unbreakable. When my phone took a dive there was a giant gash on the screeni was thus irritated that I feel to sue Nokia sprint for lying however no one ever said Gorilla Glass was unbreakable or unbreakable ? Bummer

The phone fell off an 8 ft ladder flat on its face on concrete and it solely had one single tiny crack within the lower quarter section of the screen. it's every kind of scratches on it. i attempted to use a screen protector on it , however couldn't stand the texture. I even have a couple of dozen spider cracks on the screen. New digitizer glass is just $20-40 relying where you look, however still not sensible

Re: My Nokia Lumia 800 screen get scratched

I don’t have the Nokia lumia 800 however have Epic 4G with Gorilla Glass here with no case or protector for nearly a year to the day. If I flip the phone at a definite angle with the screen turned off, I will barely understand a small scratch on the corner of the phone. That's it, and this phone's been dropped, fumbled, kicked, and stepped on.

Re: My Nokia Lumia 800 screen get scratched

I have Nokia Lumia for 1 Month now, w/o a screen gaurd. I dont see a single MM of scratch or a spot on my glass. Guys i can tell you, when there is something done with technology, just dont take advantage over it. I still take care of my mobile as i did one the first day of my purchase.