Thread: Nokia Lumia 800 Bricked due to defective battery and wifi

Nokia Lumia 800 Bricked due to defective battery and wifi

My Lumia 800 seems to be bricked. I dont know what the exact cause is. I assume that it is either due to battery and wi-fi issues. Now the biggest issues is this phone doesn't turn on. I have tried charging the battery few times manually and also tried the different battery. Can anyone tell me what happened?

Re: Nokia Lumia 800 Bricked due to defective battery and wifi

Customers can download the update from today evening on the Microsoft Zune software download. The update will be made gradually over the next two weeks for all users of Nokia Lumia 800. As the number of simultaneous downloads is limited, this is done in phases. In addition to performance and usability enhancements, the software update contains improvements to the charging behavior. Once the software update available for your smartphone, you, the Nokia Lumia 800 informed automatically.

I have this morning getting the new update. Install directly after my battery was displayed for 100% and an estimated duration of 14h. Before there were usually 12 hours at 100%. Meanwhile 2h passed, the battery is 94% and the estimated remaining life is still at 14h. It thus seems a bit to have done something. But so far I have not done much with the phone. But at least I've now permanently back to 3G. This I had almost always been made, so I at least had little use for a period of about 24h.

The latest update enhances the charging of the battery. What improvements to the proposed update to be made in early 2012, we can now just do not communicate. Once all the information we will notify the course.

However, all the time Smartphones, with their huge screens and consumption data tend not to take just one working day to anything that requires a bit. But not only the screen is causing this, something that influences much on the "cost" of the battery is the use of 3G networks.

In the case of Lumia, in the phone settings, you have the option to use 3G and 2G network. The 3g is the new type of internet networks that identify the task bars on any smartphone with a "H" or "E" or "3.5" or "G". This type of technology is allowing us to sail at full speed at the expense of an extra battery consumption as is always looking for the best coverage.

Nokia claims coming months two patches that need to intercept the problem. "A software update improves power efficiency in early December, early January a second update provides further improvements in battery and charging the battery. Both are scheduled updates and are available via Zune," reads the statement from Nokia.