Thread: Nokia Lumia 800 does not recognize WiFi-N networks

Nokia Lumia 800 does not recognize WiFi-N networks

Just now started using the Nokia Lumia 800. There is no problem with Wifi. I can connect to the wifi network without any issue but only one network unable to connect to this phone and that is N network. Even sometimes my phone doesn't show N network. I am using a wifi router at home. There are 2 wi-fi networks - g and n but this phone only sees G network.

Re: Nokia Lumia 800 does not recognize WiFi-N networks

The "wireless problem" was at another place in the Nokia Network discussed before, or a change, even as wishes expressed by other users.

The situation is thus known. If and when this is changed with a software update, I cannot say unfortunately.

I can say that it does support wireless N. The problem is with the router itself. You need to check the settings of your router. it may be possible that it is still hiding the SSID and due to this you are not able to notice the network. The 'SSID' the name of the wireless network, if the router has the wireless configuration pages just go and read it, if not, if you have a PC with wireless network card do a search, the network signal more 'strong' on the router.

The SSID is the name of the wireless network what you're up. In our case, I have given it the name of my domain. It's up to you how your network is called. Remember the network name because you do it again. The channel defaults to 11 and it is recommended as a first try. The other channels that can be tried, if you encounter problems, are 1 and 6. These are channels whose frequency widths do not exceed. If SSID broadcast is on, the router sends every few seconds the SSID (network name), so that computers around our router to be informed of the presence of the wireless network. SSID Broadcast on I'll come back extensively in a future article when we go secure wireless network.

To connect to the network, the SSID the client must be known. So you have to match the wireless connection manually configure.

A wireless router sends out an identification fact that the wireless network is visible, the SSID (Service Set IDentifier). Disable this ensures that the wireless network is not in the list of all other wireless networks nearby. However, with something still more advanced software can easily be identified on the network. Protection is no protection by hiding. The disadvantage is that registration is more difficult because you can not click on the name of the wireless network. Instead you must manually enter the name of the wireless network. In short, the "hiding" your wireless network has no protection in terms of, or very little use. In contrast, attaching equipment to the wireless network more difficult.

A wireless router to send a ssid from other wireless devices to let them know it is there and to allow themselves to sign. You can use the computer with wireless network card questions to show the available networks. What you will see the SSID of the different routers. You can then choose a router and computer are connected to it. If all goes well, the network is secured and after the request for notification will have the security requirements must be met. The moment the router is set up so that the SSID is not broadcast is not shown in the available networks. The advantage is that malicious network very easily see less and in consequence the network is less likely to crack. A disadvantage is that log on to the network, with equipment that you want it harder. more interesting, the network more attractive for hackers to crack. Which is well hidden is probably hiding something, they often think.