Thread: Nokia Lumia 800 Personal Hotspot

Nokia Lumia 800 Personal Hotspot

The Nokia Lumia 800 is the best Windows smartphone. I would like to create a personal hostspot using this phone. I dont know whether tethering is allowed in this phone or not but i really want to make it work. Does anyone know how? Is there any app to do so? I know about the FCC problem but really a necessary.

Re: Nokia Lumia 800 Personal Hotspot

All terminals on the market based on the latest release of the operating system implements this functionality, while the 800 Lumia need a firmware update that Nokia will release in the future. This means that the smartphone integrates the chip suitable for WiFi tethering, but there are clear reasons for this choice by Nokia.

The Mango version 7.5 it supports this feature, but it is up to manufacturers (and operators) to decide whether or not to enable it.

One explanation is the choice of Nokia, and apparently will also be remedied shortly.

The sharing of data connection, or the creation of a WiFi hotspot that allows access to the Internet up to 5 devices (including PCs), the terminal using Windows Phone as a modem, is one of the features introduced with Mango. Microsoft had emphasized that the terminal needs to integrate specific hardware (a chip Broadcom 4329) and which require the consent of the telephone operators. It is therefore likely that Nokia wants to check availability for all countries in which the managers will sell 800 Lumia, before activating the feature, since its use may be limited.

For now the feature is not present problems with the regulations, but a software update will solve the problems raised by the FCC on this function. According to Nokia's knowledge this was the best compromise between cost, size and lack of some features often never used. As for the two features mentioned above, however, expect for the next new models made in Finland.

The confirmation of the intention of Nokia to implement this feature on Lumia 800 comes from a Finnish company spokesman, who explained to the staff of the Webzine WinRumors that it was first necessary to have clarity on certain requirements by the FCc. However, what matters most to users willing to buy the Nokia 800 Lumia is the assurance from the producer that soon this important feature will be available to them through a software update. The spokesman also added that Nokia has chosen not to include support for the NFC and the Dual-SIM is due to the fact that it features not currently supported by Windows Phone and for users that would have resulted in an unnecessary increase of final price of the terminal.

This is a very important function that allows you to do without the ADSL modem when you are away from home. While Windows Phone 7 is a project very recently, Microsoft has received praise for having implemented this feature already on the second version of its mobile know (remember that Android smartphone the feature is implemented as a default from version 2.2 Froyo. Before you had to use additional software).

I rummage precisely on the WP side, and since Microsoft is sharing the Internet connection very easily described.
    Only here I also flashed on WP 7.5 HD2 have to lie here and there to find nothing of the share.
    But then that makes me a little uneasy.

Windows phones that are shipped directly to the Mango software, the mobile hotspot function usually have been as shipped on board.
    An exception is the Nokia Lumia 800, where the tethering should be submitted as part of a firmware update. Windows phones are the first generation, at least in part, also received an update to allow tethering. It is not yet known which mobile phone models are equipped with the feature point.