Thread: unable to end a call in nokia lumia 800

unable to end a call in nokia lumia 800

i was aware of the fact of releasing nokia lumia 800, and was quite exited about its release. however after its release i just bought it, and it came to my notice that my phone dosent allow me to end a call at the time when i wish to end a call . the phone call remains on top with the message "ENDING"when i go to the start screen. there is a rebooting and freezing after some time. i didnt expected such a problem in my new Nokia phone as it is my third piece and there were no problems existing in my previous phone. please help in this.

Re: unable to end a call in nokia lumia 800

i can get to your solution. this was a similar issue which i suffered in my Nokia n series mobile and came to the conclusion that there was a a Sim card issue. after trying with another sim there was no problem at all. if you wish to continue with your same sim , call the network provider and discuss the problem, they will have a replace of the sim .

if you tried with replacing your sim and the problem continues, then you may have encountered with software issue or hardware issue.

there is a similar problem which you are mentioning. i have the same problem and i am unable to unlock and phone is totally blocked. i checked with the battery which was not empty. i have tough time to switch on the phone again. i am trying to have a solution for it as i am completely frustrated.

you should contact your Nokia service center for further help. and it generally appears to be a software issue. so i think they will make possible steps to solve it. there will be no charge for this thing to repair if your device is in warranty period. if they take much time to repair you can contact your local dealer to have the problem solved. but i will recommend to suffer some days without phone and repair through the service provider only.

this seems to be an proximity sensor problem . there may be updation of something that may be causing the thing to do. to end calls i suppose that you should press the sleep/wake button. after this you just need to press the home button so that you are able to turn it back on to the home screen.

i think first you should restart your phone and then make some settings in your phone. in the accessibility options you will find a message regarding a screen reader. after this you will appear to see a cancel button. click it. select the option for "The power key ends calls" and this might work in this case. according to me you don't have a default in your phone and there are some settings to be done and the method which i mentioned will prove to be an easy method.

i have the similar piece and the phone acts functionally very good, and i am able to do everything except end the call or send sms and the problem occurs with the network. The call is in the state "ENDING" forever. the lone option available for me is to switch off then phone and then restart.