Thread: Getting error “Wireless Module not found (701)”

Getting error “Wireless Module not found (701)”

Hi, i bought an HP Elitebook 2470p and while I power on the laptop this message come into view in the screen "Wireless Module Not Found (701)" no windows or other operating system is loaded so I guess it is a bios message. Any idea about this error message? Anu suggestion for resolving this will be appreciated.

Re: Getting error “Wireless Module not found (701)”

This Error specifies an hardware problem with Wireless Card... I would recommend, Try the following.

• carry out a power Drain, by disconnecting AC Adapter, eliminate Battery and Holding the power button down for a few seconds, and check whether you are getting the same problem or not.

• Update the BIOS version

• Reseat the wireless card and check

I am not sure what could be the problem but still it might be possible as Wireless LAN might have been disabled in the BIOS screen. Thus i would like to recommend you that you should try to enabled in the BIOS screen.

And if suppose this is not getting worked then you should try to disabled the sleep mode in Power Management in Device Manager.

If you are still pursuing the same problem then you should try a system Restore to a formerly working condition.

But along with that you should also try to unscrewing the wireless module and putting it back into position, as this will just make a reset to the hardware.

If you are still pursuing the same problem then you should try a system Restore to a formerly working condition.

But along with that you should also try to unscrewing the wireless module and putting it back into position, as this will just make a reset to the hardware.
    I am agree with the above user but still if suppose none of the above work than you will have get the wireless card replaced...because sure there could be some problem with the card that you are having in the machine.