Thread: HP Envy17 gets locked by Intel Centrino Advanced N6200 while download large files

HP Envy17 gets locked by Intel Centrino Advanced N6200 while download large files

HI, i have HP Envy17 in which i have installed Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6200 product and the machine comprises windows 7. Everything seems to be working fine with the machine but the thing is like i finally figured out that any time I attempt to transfer a big file which is almost up to 1 GB +/-, the download speed begins to slower first and then the machine locks up forcing me to do a hard reboot. And the worst thing is like there is no warning and no error message. Is there anybody having same problem with this products, please let me know any possible solution for the same if there is any.

Re: HP Envy17 gets locked by Intel Centrino Advanced N6200 while download large files

It might be possible as there could be some problem with the internet connection that you are having in your machine rather than the laptop and the WIFI product you have from the Intel. Because I used to download all the files from the internet and i have also installed the same Intel WIFI product in the machine but haven’t gotten any problem with it.

Thus according to me you should try to recommend you that it would be better if you simply ask you ISP and see what they are saying about the same.

Re: HP Envy17 gets locked by Intel Centrino Advanced N6200 while download large files

see it might be possible as there could be some problem with the drivers that you must have installed for the Intel Centrino Advanced N6200 WIFI product. thus i would like to suggest you that you should try to reinstall those necessary drivers once again in the machine and see whether you are getting the same issue or not? You can simply download the latest driver for the card from here itself.

It might be possible as there could be some problem with the internet connection that you are having in your machine rather than the laptop and the WIFI product you have from the Intel. Because i used to download all the files from the internet and i have also installed the same Intel WIFI product in the machine but haven’t gotten any problem with it.

Thus according to me you should try to recommend you that it would be better if you simply ask you ISP and see what they are saying about the same.
    No, once i was also thinking about the same but the thing is like i have noticed the same thing between 2 PCs on my network as I am getting the same speed and the same issue, and that’s why i have mentioned like finally I got it this is because of the large files. Anyways thanks for the above mentioned suggestions.

see i am also using the same card in my machine but still i have found it very reliable hardware. But still Have you tried an ethernet cable instead of wireless to find out if the problem is the wireless??

But along with that you should make sure you are not making use of 14.2.0.10 driver version rather you should use the latest compatible version is 13.5.0, because the above mentioned is not compatible with the card you have.

Hey i was getting the same problem with the machine and i have gotten this solution to be working, and would like to suggest you that you should also appy the same thing.

first as mentioned above download and install driver version 13.0.0.107 from Intel's official website.

as you completed installation of the driver simply open Device Manager and go to Network Adapters >> Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6200 AGN >> Right Click and select Properties >> Go to Power Management (Far right) >> Uncheck the box that says "Allow the computer to turn of this device to save power".

i am not sure about the same but still it seems like the Ethernet port that you are using that must be fine but you should try to reinstall the Intel PROSet/Wireless Enterprise Software.