Thread: Replacement shell for Acer Iconia Tab W500

Replacement shell for Acer Iconia Tab W500

Hey guys i have just checked out the HP slate 500 forums and after going through it i have found a interesting applications that can make the Acer Iconia Tab W500
    more interesting,.
    Thinix touch- This software actually helps to explore the power of a Windows based computer and it also provides a highly touch-optimized user interface as well and i think that it is quite interesting. This software is available for Acer Iconia Tab W500 now, so you can just check it out. If there is anyone who has found other such software or shell that can be useful than please share.

re: Replacement shell for Acer Iconia Tab W500

Even i have found one and it is “FrontFace “, This one is actually new and it also has a innovative UI extension for the Microsoft Windows. I think that it can be very useful for Net books, Tablet PCs and even for pc as well.It gives you a visually attractive and easy ui and it is also compatible with the eco system of existing Windows applications as well.

Yes i am aware of the “FrontFace “ and it is having the followinng features that i have found:
    • Optimized for small screens and touch screen devices
    • Start page with configurable widgets
    • Support for all "normal" Windows applications, Multitasking and Easy app switching
    • Application launcher
    • Access to Windows Start Menu and Desktop Shortcuts
    • Web Applications
    • FrontFace Apps
    • Integrated Web Browser
    • Device Status and Device Control
    • Windows Mode
    • Custom UI Skin and Colors
    • E-Mail Notification Application
    • RSS/Twitter Reader Application
    • Notification Center

I think that keeping the Acer Iconia Tab W500 as it is will be much better, i mean that to say that using additional installs and bloat will cause no harm but then i think that the feature and the ui that is providing now is the best. As we are already having the below interesting feature:
    • big icons for the desktop
    • Gadgets of clock and weather.
    • Interface for switching wifi and sound on or off.
    • Internet explorer 9
    • opera speed dial.

I don't think that there is really a need of additional skins and i am just waiting for the Windows 8 in Acer Iconia Tab W500

I agree to you that the windows 7 that we are having is good but then i think that we really need Acer Iconia Tab W500 , i mean feature like zooming and scrolling. I have found that the ui that we are having is quite laggy for now if you compare it to the ipad and the andriod tablets. I think that if we have the above software than the Acer Iconia Tab W500 will be much better.

Hey guys thanks for sharing your suggestions here, i really appreciate them and i have checked the FrontFace today and i think that it is really a interesting one and it can really make our Acer Iconia Tab W500 better.I have been checking out for more such software's and i have found a couple of them as well and i will just go through them in detail and then i will post them here as well.