Thread: Can I have second HDD in HP Pavilion dv7-4260ca

Can I have second HDD in HP Pavilion dv7-4260ca

HI, I am owner of this HP Pavilion dv7-4260ca laptop but the thing is like whatever specification I have gotten with it is quite insufficient and that’s why i was just wondering as whether is it possible to attach another hard drive in this laptop or not.

See currently i am having below mentioned specification:

AMD quad core 1.8ghz

8gb memory (upgraded from 4)

750GB 5600rpm hdd

17" screen

Re: Can I have second HDD in HP Pavilion dv7-4260ca

No you cannot add another HDD in the machine, as there isn’t any space where you can add it. But still after reading the question the thing that i am not getting is like do you wanted to upgrade the HDD or you wanted to put another one?

Because see as far as upgradation is concern you can do that, as in that case you have to replace the existing with the newer one and not to place another one, so obviously that is possible if you really wanted to have another HDD.

No you cannot add another HDD in the machine, as there isn’t any space where you can add it. But still after reading the question the thing that i am not getting is like do you wanted to upgrade the HDD or you wanted to put another one?

Because see as far as upgradation is concern you can do that, as in that case you have to replace the existing with the newer one and not to place another one, so obviously that is possible if you really wanted to have another HDD.
    Thanks for the suggestion in fact this is quite good suggestion, but nopes…i was expecting another HDD. But still what could be the most possible highest size i could get that i can replace with this existing one??

I am not sure about the most highest size that you can have for the machine but still you can have another option as well like you required the long connector cable and the caddy.

See if you have the manual given with the product so you can see the chapter 4, page 50 of the service manual. The part number scheduled in the guide for the secondary HDD cable is not for your dv7 model series. Many buy it only to discover that it was the incorrect one and too short.

If you don’t have any you can simply download it from here.

I was also thinking to suggest you the same thing as you should try to make use of caddy with the machine, you can see the picture below for further information regarding the product.

I don’t know whether you can make use of any additional Hard drive in the machine but still I would like to recommend you that rather than making use of any such hard drive you should get the portable HDD for your machine so that you can simply carry it wherever you go. Because i don’t thing fitting another hard drive would be possible in the machine, because as far as i know the only part that you can add up in the machine is the RAM, because another parts need space in order to fit in the machine.

Thus i would like to recommend you that you should try to Google about the latest HDD and get any good model that you can afford.

you can simply ask the HP support center as well for further assistance, i mean to say they will surely assist you regarding setting up another HDD in the machine.