Thread: is it possible to use Windows Biometric Framework instead of Fingerprint Reader in Dell XT2

is it possible to use Windows Biometric Framework instead of Fingerprint Reader in Dell XT2

As I’m using the dell latitude XT2 tablet pc for myself, the feature of this tab is indeed good but the only thing which I get annoyed using the tab is with the Fingerprint Reader. As it uses the ControlPoint which according to me is too difficult to understand. So I would like to know is it possible to use Windows Biometric Framework instead of Fingerprint Reader in Dell XT2. As previously I had used the XT and in that it was easy to install the drivers in it but using with the XT2 it is too complex as they have used the advanced security in it.

Re: is it possible to use Windows Biometric Framework instead of Fingerprint Reader in Dell XT2

Even I feel the same after using the Xt and now XT2 I would say that installing the drivers in the XT was simple and understandable but as I’m using the XT2 and it feels that the drivers installing in the device is more complicated as compared with the XT.

Re: is it possible to use Windows Biometric Framework instead of Fingerprint Reader in Dell XT2

If you are not able to install the drivers in the dell XT2 then you should try uninstalling it and try to reinstall the UPEK generic driver and see that whether it is able to install the windows 7 Biometric Framework as you are looking for.

As I tried doing this in my dell XT2, initially it had problems and was not able to install the drivers so I tried uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling it back with the UPEK generic driver and was able to get Windows Biometric Framework.

Can you provide me the steps of how can I do this as it would be helpful for me.

If you want to download the drivers for the dell XT2 then here are the steps which might help you to follow. As I was able to do after trying the several times.

1. For doing this first you have to try install the dell security.
    2. For this you have to download and install the drivers for ControlVault to upgrade the firmware.
    Download Drivers

3. After installing this you should try to reboot your device.
    4. Now you should uninstall the Dell Security Drivers.
    5. After uninstallation again reboot the device.
    6. Now try downloading and installing the drivers from the link given below

For x86 : Download Drivers
    For x64 : Download Drivers

7. Now after doing this you should try to enable the ControlVault WBF option by going to Programs==>Broadcom==>Tools==>ControlVault WBF
    8. And if you don’t find the ControlVault then go to the device manager and right click on it and update driver.

After using the Dell Xt2 I must say that the Xt was better as it had the Windows Biometric Framework which was quite simple for finger print reading and also for downloading and installing the drivers, but XT2 has got the advanced Fingerprint Reader and installing the drivers is just difficult.