Thread: Acer Iconia Tab W500 is not auto rotating

Acer Iconia Tab W500 is not auto rotating

I am using a Acer Iconia Tab W500 and i have recently installed updates and i have found that the w500 is not getting out of the landscape mode., as far as i know i am not changed any settings by now. Is there anyone who has faced the same problem before and has an idea about the same and can help me out as well. Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: Acer Iconia Tab W500 is not auto rotating

I am using a Acer Iconia Tab W500 and i have recently installed updates and i have found that the w500 is not getting out of the landscape mode., as far as i know i am not changed any settings by now. Is there anyone who has faced the same problem before and has an idea about the same and can help me out as well. Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.
    Before i suggest you something i will like to know that have just installed the updates recently or you have installed something or deleted something else as well?? the other thing that i wanted to know is that are you getting any error or something that it is indicating the problem?? This issue appeared suddenly after the update or later?? just try to answer this questions so i can understand the problem well and try to help you with the same.

Yes rather than installing updates i have done the below things:
    • I have deleted bloatware.
    • Deleted some superfluous services.
    • I have also installed some windows apps as well.

i don't remember when the issue occurred, i mean after the update or after the above processes?? do you have any idea about this issue?? any further help will be appreciated.

Hey i am facing the same with the Acer Iconia Tab W500 and i have recently deleted some boltware and some services as well but then i have not installed the updates so i don't think that there is any problem with the updates and all. I have also found that there is an auto-blocker module in the ACER folder and after seeing this i think that i have deleted the auto-rotate feature and that is why i am having this problem and i think that you might be having the same case but then i am not very sure about the same. If there is anyone who has an idea about it then please share it here and it will be highly appreciated as well.

I think that you both are not actually having problem because of the reason you guys are thinking but then you might have just forgot to flip the screen lock switch on which is at the bottom. so just check it out and then let me know if you were having the same case?? best of luck.

Hey thanks for that and i think that it was very stupid of me for not checking the same, you were right i had not flip the screen lock switch “on” and now i have done the same and the problem appears to be solved. Thanks once again, i really appreciate you help.

Hey even i am having some kind of problem with the auto rotate but then i am not sure about the cause of it, actually i have recently installed Win-7 Pro and i have also installed the required drivers for the same from the Acer Website and other than that i have also downloaded the G-Sensor driver. I have checked in the device manager and its tab is reporting that it is working fine and there is no problem but then i have found that the auto rotating function is not actually working because of which it is getting stuck in the Landscape mode and here i just wanted to add that i have checked the lock switch and there is no problem with it, I have also tried to lock it and then unlock it a no of times but then it is just not working out for me. I think that there is some other problem but then i am not able to guess the cause of the same.

I think that you will have to install the auto screen rotation software and see if it is helping you out or not. You can just visit this link

Hey thanks for that link i have checked it out and i have now downloaded the application and it is working fine now without any problem. Thanks once again.