Thread: HP Recovery Manager freezes at 15%

HP Recovery Manager freezes at 15%

HI, i am having dv6-3125sa notebook and had ordered this recovery disk from the HP center but having very weird problem with it as when I was recovering through the disk, during the installation it freezes at the last step. Any idea what could be the suggestion

Re: HP Recovery Manager freezes at 15%

Recovery manager freezing on first screen is most probably a faulty hard drive. Had the similar difficulty. Actually i came to know from the HP’s support center it was the hard drive. Thus i have tested the motherboard and as well and would like to recommend you the same thing as along with the hard drive you should check the motherboard as well.

But if suppose if you made a bootable diagnostic disk try running it first.

I think there could be some problem with the disk that you have gotten, in other words simply the disk gone bad. You should get it replaced.

I am practicing the precise identical thing. My hard drive failed entirely and I had to install a new one. HP Recovery Manager is awful! It does not do the similar thing each time. Sometimes it never gets to the Recovery window, sometimes it fails to format the Windows partition, sometimes it gets all the way to "Reinstalling original content" and then gives up at 1%.

I've been playing with this for couple of month. I've gotten all the way through it two times and had nothing on the drive while it completed.

I am just agreeing with you but still about the recovery manager, if it is stopping with the disks, most probably your HDD is gone bad. Mine also did the same thing but they sent me a Hitachi and it worked immense with the disks. I detached my recovery partition and just extended my primary. System restore is all you require for these things. You may require to ensure your BIOS are up to date since sometimes the recovery of a new drive doesn’t like it with a dissimilar drive installed. HP recovery manager is a elegant idea, but not simply used while the drive decides to expire.