Thread: lights and fan turned on but having black screen at boot up in HP Pavilion tx2000

lights and fan turned on but having black screen at boot up in HP Pavilion tx2000

Hi, i am having HP Pavilion tx2000 tablet PC and having very weird problem with the machine. whenever i start my machine i used to get the black screen only though i can see that the fan and all the lights are turned on.

I tried essential troubleshooting with the online technical support, but to no benefit. It doesn't work, and they informed me it'll cost about $400 for it to be picked up and repaired. Anybody got a feasible solution ever from their side?, or do I just require to go ahead and start saving for another machine?

Re: lights and fan turned on but having black screen at boot up in HP Pavilion tx2000

well, it have you ever noticed any other symptoms with your machine? because if would be better if you simply mentioned all the things properly. Because see whenever the lights blows up, we might get series or short and long beeps and will not start up. And this moment as well you’ll not get any video on the screen. Likely this you can have too many other symptoms, thus mentioned it properly over here so that i could assist you further.

Re: lights and fan turned on but having black screen at boot up in HP Pavilion tx2000

as you have mentioned like if the power LED lights up that simply means the laptop is getting power from the AC adapter. Most likely there is nothing wrong with the adapter but just in case examine it with a voltmeter to ensure the output voltage is correct.

but if suppose you are not getting any sort of variation in the result then you should also try this. Unplug the AC adapter, eliminate the battery and wait for 1-2 minutes. Subsequently plug the AC adapter and try starting the laptop once again. Sometimes this trick helps a lot.

It also could be a RAM related trouble. attempt reseating the memory module once, just eliminate it from the slot on the motherboard and install it back. Along with that you can try installing the memory module into the other slot if it’s available and the most important thing if you have two memory modules installed, attempt eliminating them one by one and start the laptop just with one memory module installed.

i am not sure about this but it might be possible as because of the faulty HDD the machine couldn’t be able to retrieve any information from the hard drive, thus it would be better if you simply get the machine tested from well known technician.

well, it have you ever noticed any other symptoms with your machine? because if would be better if you simply mentioned all the things properly. Because see whenever the lights blows up, we might get series or short and long beeps and will not start up. And this moment as well you’ll not get any video on the screen. Likely this you can have too many other symptoms, thus mentioned it properly over here so that i could assist you further.
    As mentioned already, i am not getting anything but still as far as symptoms are concern i could say as i can only See the LED’s lightning up, and the fan is also running but not more than that.

see when i was having the same problem with the video on the screen i used to press on the power button, the laptop makes a series or short and long beeps and will not start up as mentioned above and at that time i was not getting any video as well on the screen.

Thus in this situation you should examine the memory module as mentioned by the above user and along with that try installing a known good memory module. Most likely you are getting a beep error because of a faulty memory, thus try to hear any such beeps as it might be possible you must be missing it.

you should try to test the machine with an external monitor. If the external screen works well but there is no video on the laptop LCD, most probably there is a difficulty inside the laptop display assembly.

I would like to recommend you that you should try to visit the LINK i have mentioned as this is a official link provided by the HP to test some of the hardware peripherals.

it seems like you might have contacted to the support center only, isn’t it? Because see i have noticed like when we contact them through the telephone we didn’t get that good response from there rather if you simply try to visit the service center and make them aware about the problem and see what they are saying about the same, because if the machine will be in the warranty period then they must have to provide you the service.