Thread: HP Pavilion tx2000 motherboard not working

HP Pavilion tx2000 motherboard not working

HI, i am having this tablet pc for since last 14 months and abruptly all that happens while you turn it on is that lots of lights come on but black screen stays black and there is no humming of hard drive. Local HP repair center says it could be because of the faulty motherboard and the newer one will cost me around $500+ for new one; I spent over $1,200 for this whole product and cannot believe there is no alternative.

I am searching for a better solution but don't know where to turn. On this forum I find plenty about other laptops but not exactly the one that i am having and when I google, all I find is reviews; none that tell you NEVER buy HP again. Anyways please suggest me something, what shall i do now?

Re: HP Pavilion tx2000 motherboard not working

see if i would be there at you place then i would never forking out $500 for a newer motherboard since there is no assurance that another year later the similar thing won't occur; it come out the overloaded heat these machines generate is doing the damage. Have you ever noticed as the machine gets warmth? so actually chances are it would probably happen again. I still cannot believe that a shrug of the shoulders is what I am getting from HP for the loss of $1,200.

see if i would be there at you place then i would never forking out $500 for a newer motherboard since there is no assurance that another year later the similar thing won't occur; it come out the overloaded heat these machines generate is doing the damage. Have you ever noticed as the machine gets warmth? so actually chances are it would probably happen again. I still cannot believe that a shrug of the shoulders is what I am getting from HP for the loss of $1,200.
    Exactly i am also having the same opinion as the above user as there isn’t any guarantee that this thing will not happened again?

In fact in my opinion you should invest your money on a new laptop of another brand, because if you must make a search over the internet you will comes to know that there are various products available that you can have for yourself.

After seeing your question it seems like there could be so many problems with your tablet PC, i am not sure about the mother board and regardless of HP support center’s advice have you ever tested the machine from anywhere? If not then you should first do that once and see what they are saying. And if it is fixable then obviously you may not have to pay more for the newer product.

Well, if you don't desire to pay for the fixing it you can attempt one thing, it is likely that it's just the display, try hooking up a monitor to the VGA port and observe if you obtain anything on that..because though there could be some problem with motherboard but it would be better if you test the machine entirely.

And if it works you lose the portability but you still get use of your machine, If that does not work you can decide if it's a better deal to acquire the repair and subsequently maybe an extended warranty or to put the money towards a new computer.

It's your money and it's your choice, a lot of new Notebooks have came out in different sizes and configurations since you bought yours rather than repairing it.

It's your money and it's your choice, a lot of new Notebooks have came out in different sizes and configurations since you bought yours rather than repairing it.
    Off course, that’s my second option for sure but the thing is like what if i get the machine repaired from any local technician, because i don’t think there could be some problem which shouldn’t be curable rather i have change the whole board.

Off course, that’s my second option for sure but the thing is like what if i get the machine repaired from any local technician, because i don’t think there could be some problem which shouldn’t be curable rather i have change the whole board.
    Yeah obviously, you can do that, but still the thing is like as you have mentioned like you have only contacted to tech support through the telephone only, but if you visit over there so many get proper service as well for the device. and if suppose at this moment you are approaching any other technician then you must have to pay them rather over here you may get services for free.

In addition, if suppose there is need of replacement really, so who’ll guaranty you that the newly installed hardware is legitimate or simply original? So no doubt outside technician will not cost you more than the other one but i personally believes as that is quite risky.