Thread: HP 630 Notebook random screen corruption and getting thermal shutdown

HP 630 Notebook random screen corruption and getting thermal shutdown

HI, I am having HP 630 Business Notebook and in which i am having problem with the screen as it randomly blanks out to a longitudinal pattern of strings on screen. And the worst thing starts over here as the fan found to get really noisy during the previous onscreen corruption. Fan constructed to a point that shuts the notebook off. Upon turning back on I used to obtain a message: “Thermal Shutdown.”

Is there anybody having same problem with the machine, I have tried my best in order to get solution for the same, any suggestion will be appreciated.

Re: HP 630 Notebook random screen corruption and getting thermal shutdown

As you have mentioned like random screen corruption, but I am not getting what do you mean by that, see it would be better if you simply make it clear, and if possible you should also mentioned some symptoms.

Did you newly upgrade the BIOS? Anecdotally speaking, it comes into view that "my fan never comes on anymore" troubles often occur subsequent to a BIOS upgrade. Manufacturers usually give confidence to users to install the most recent BIOS version obtainable for the model on the manufacturer's website, and if you call tech support with an in-warranty fan or overheating trouble, the first thing they are probably to do is inform you to upgrade to the latest BIOS. The problem is, the notebook really should function generally with the BIOS version you purchased it with, or they shouldn't have sold it to you. If you desire to insert newer hardware’s or upgrade an internal component and it's not supported unless you upgrade the BIOS, you don't have much choice. Outside of that, I used to stay away from BIOS upgrades like the plague, keeping in mind that a failed upgrade can leave you with a paperweight that can only be fixed by sending it out. If the fan trouble comes in to view after you upgraded the BIOS and the laptop which was operating fine at first is now overheating, I'd try reinstalling the original BIOS if obtainable.

have you ever noticed whether the battery Is the too hot or not? Some people are more responsive to temperature than others, so using "too hot to touch" isn't a immense troubleshooting technique. Unfortunately, extremely few people have a thermometer around capable of measuring temperatures through the normal operation range of a battery, comprising most computer technicians, so touch is all most people will have to go on.

Thus see If the battery seems exceptionally hot, first shut down, check the web to see if it's been incorporated in a recall or if a hot battery is typical of the particular laptop model. Because those hot batteries can simply damage other hardware as well, and it would be better if you simply get it replaced or gotten the newer one.

Though I am agree with the above user but the thing is like it might be possible as because of the corrupted drivers machine used to get overheated and that’s why you must be having this thermal shutdown problem, thus if possible you should try to reinstall them as well.

I think it would be better if you visit the service center once and see whether you are getting the same problem or not. Because the thing is like though you approach any good engineer for the same but you must have to pay them for sure so obviously that would not be that beneficial for you, but still if you visit the service center you’ll get too many other benefits like first of all you wont have to pay them and after that if suppose in case there is requirement of any hardware changes then also you’ll get that particular hardware.

I used to visit the service center itself whenever I get any problem with the machine, i don’t know whether you have warranty period remain for the system or not, but if you have then you’ll get all the services as well for free of cost.

In fact i was also thinking about the same like it would be better if i simply visit the service center just because of the screen, because i know i can manage overheating issue with the laptop. anyways thanks for the suggestion.