Thread: USB port does not work in my HP G71 Laptop

USB port does not work in my HP G71 Laptop

As I’m using the HP G71 Laptop for myself I would like to say that the features are really good and never had any kinda of issue till the date. But from past few days I’m noticing that the USB port is not functioning well. So do any one have idea how can I fix this issue in my laptop.

Re: USB port does not work in my HP G71 Laptop

I am having the similar issue in my laptop. when I went to plugged my flash drive I found that the USB is not working but am not very sure whether I’m having issue with my flash drive or is having the problem with the USB port in my laptop. How can I check this??

I am having the similar issue in my laptop. when I went to plugged my flash drive I found that the USB is not working but am not very sure whether I’m having issue with my flash drive or is having the problem with the USB port in my laptop. How can I check this??
    If you want to check whether your flash drive is having problem or the USB port then I would say that you should try first checking with the flash drive. For this you should try connecting the flash drive with the other laptop and if it is able to detect the flash drive then I must say that your flash drive is working fine. And now connect the same flash drive with your laptop and see whether it is detecting or not. If it is not detecting then I would say that the USB port is having issue as it is not able to detect it.

Have you tried installing with the USB drivers in the laptop. if not then you should try installing the USB drivers in the laptop and see then it is able to detect it or not.

See if your USB port is not working then it is better you try contacting to the HP care as you don’t have much idea about how to fix this. So it is always better to play safe rather than trying with the things you don’t know about.