Thread: HP Pavilion dv4 not getting charged only Scroll/Num Lock and Caps Lock LED's blinking

HP Pavilion dv4 not getting charged only Scroll/Num Lock and Caps Lock LED's blinking

Hi, i am having HP Pavilion dv4 machine and in that whenever i plugged it for charging i used to get blinking LED’s at Scroll/Num Lock and Caps Lock keys. I don’t know what could be the problem but this is happening to me for the first time thus i am not able to figure what could be the problem. Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Re: HP Pavilion dv4 not getting charged only Scroll/Num Lock and Caps Lock LED's blinking

See there could be so many reasons that could cause such problem with your laptop. You should make sure whether the batteries are working or not, and after that ensure whether the AC adapter that you must be using is working or not.

Re: HP Pavilion dv4 not getting charged only Scroll/Num Lock and Caps Lock LED's blinking

I would like to recommend you that you should attempt removing the battery for 15-30 seconds it is safe to do it is a way of resetting or you can say this is also called power cycling.

But if suppose that doesn’t work it will be a hardware error code if it still blinks let me know.

The diagnostic utilities make use of the LEDs near the Num Lock or Caps Lock keys to blink a series of error codes. There is a pause and the pattern reiterates incessantly at the end of the series of blinks in anticipation of the error is determined and gotten resolved.

See there could be so many reasons that could cause such problem with your laptop. You should make sure whether the batteries are working or not, and after that ensure whether the AC adapter that you must be using is working or not.
    Hey thanks for the suggestion dude, in fact i was also thinking about the same like there could be some problem with the battery but when i make use of another one i came to know that it was the AC adapter and not the battery, thus i think i must have to get the newer one.

I am not sure whether the product will be recoverable through the warranty or not, but still if so then please mentioned it over here.

Yeah obviously you can recover it, but still there are certain terms and conditions according to which you can get the replacement. And have you ever read the user manual given to you, because they must have mentioned all this thing over there, so you can have idea about the same. or you can simply visit their official website as well.

but why don’t you visit the service center for the product, because you can have all the précised information regarding the product from there. it would be better if you get the replacement if you feel like the accessories are not working, or simply there is some problem with it, in fact you’ll get original from there only.

Solution is here!

Hi fiends, i have been get into forum when i got same common problem of HP laptops. i had same problem dv4. i wasted time to find any solution of led blinking with no display according to hp diagnostic led blink code there is problem mentioned. but my question was in my mind why all peoples have same repeating problem. even pressing power button out of battery and adaptor not works. and i am so happy to here in forum because it was same dv4 which was problem

Hp have only solution to replace hardware or motherboard and its cost much if you have out of warranty.

To being Laptop technician i find out the actually problem in product and find final solution for if internal motherboard signals/communication barrier occurs, bios sends the fault codes the way led blinks.

Solution:

In Hp products have these common problem because of poor motherboard manufacturing. the laptop heat/ weather / dust effects electronics components easily and caused no display / Led blinking codes.

you need technical skills to repair motherboard. specific sections specially power supply need to be resolding specially, SMD resistors / coils etc . this task can be performed easily with the help of hot air soldering station with good quality of flux

sections which are need to be resold, i will upload video very soon