Thread: HP Pavilion dv6000 won't wake up

HP Pavilion dv6000 won't wake up

– HI, I'm having a extremely maddening trouble with my HP Pavilion dv6000 laptop. Every time it goes to hibernate mode due to idle time or by closing it and the worst thing start from here as I can't wake it up however. The Power Light left blue led at the front and the Power Button on the Switch Cover are intermittent. Even while I depress the Power Button to wake it up or kept it pressed to power off the laptop it doesn't do anything, it remnants in the similar hibernate mode. Any suggestion for resolving this will be appreciated.

Re: HP Pavilion dv6000 won't wake up

Are you sure that you are using the exact keys combination for waking it up? And once i came to know that there were some problem with the keys itself, so you should make sure whether the keys are working or not.

You should make sure whether there is some problem with the battery that you are using in your machine, because once i was also having the same problem with the machine i came to know that it was because of the battery installed in it thus after changing it everything were perfect once again. But still i am not saying like you must have to change the battery, but first you should try to test it whether it is working or not perfectly, and if you found any issue with it then obviously you can do this.

whilst power lights blinks, because it simply means that you put your computer to Stand By and not hibernate...because in hibernate mode the entire system turns off and nothing remains on or whatever that you have mentioned like blinking

And at the extent to i know the solution is to hold SHIFT button and the computer will wake up, but if suppose you are still not getting the solution do mentioned over here.

Hey thanks for the suggestion I just attempted holding the left or right SHIFT keys but it didn't wake the machine and when i checked the User Guide and it says about the Power Button:

• When the computer is in the Sleep state, press the button briefly to exit Sleep.

• When the computer is in Hibernation, press the button briefly to exit Hibernation.

Please let me know am I missing something something?

well why don’t you contact the HP’s service center for this? because i think surely you’ll get some sort of resolution for the same from there, because see if you test the machine from any local engineer then you may not get any guarantee that you’ll get any solution or not. In addition, obviously if you are approaching any engg. Then obviously you have to pay them rather if the machine will be in the warranty period then you may get all the services for free of cost.

I don’t know what problem exactly you must be having but still see there are some trouble shooting tips i have mentioned, just have a glance.

1. Be tolerant as some PCs take up to 30 seconds to wake up.

2. Look for a Suspend or Hibernate key. Some laptops have particular keys or push button for one or both, but the user might not have become aware of them if he usually uses some other wake-up method.

3. attempt pressing and holding the PC’s power button for five seconds or further. On a PC that's configured to Suspend or Hibernate with a press of the power button, holding down the power button will typically reset and restart it.

4. Most laptops have an Fn. key you can press in combination with other keys to control laptop-specific features, comprising power organization.

5. As a final resort, eliminate all batteries, wait a few minutes, and then put back all of them again.

it might be possible as there could be some problem with the windows that you have installed in the machine, thus you could try with the system restore once. But if suppose you are having any problem with the machine yet then you can simply try to reinstall the entire operating system as well.

well why don’t you contact the HP’s service center for this? because i think surely you’ll get some sort of resolution for the same from there, because see if you test the machine from any local engineer then you may not get any guarantee that you’ll get any solution or not. In addition, obviously if you are approaching any engg. Then obviously you have to pay them rather if the machine will be in the warranty period then you may get all the services for free of cost.
    In fact i was also thinking about the same, because when i was searching about the newer battery on eBay i got the prices same as what service center is giving me at. So off course it would be better to have from them, isn’t it? Anyways thanks for the suggestion.