Thread: Nokia C3 deducting money each day for internet. Want to use WiFi only.

Nokia C3 deducting money each day for internet. Want to use WiFi only.

I have recently purchased a Nokia C3 prepay phone. Each day it is deducting money from my credit for internet usage. I want to disable the o2 internet and only connect via the WLAN in my house. If I get my services provider to disable internet it will not connect via the WLAN. Is there some settings I must enter? It was connecting via WLAN before the internet was disabled by the service provider. Any help appreciated.

Re: Nokia C3 deducting money each day for internet. Want to use WiFi only.

It might be a case that an application that is installed in your phone is always using the internet connection like emails or facebook app. Just try to set all your emails and such apps to "manual" and do a reboot of the phone and thus the automatic connection would be gone forever. Also, you can try Roaming Guard, which monitors the application access to the internet and, according to selected settings, enables or denies this access.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Yes, that was the problem, the apps were updating automatically. We had to disable the service providers Internet access totally so we can only use WLAN now. Had to get some of the personal settings changed, but it is ok now. The only downside is, with the Internet turned off we cannot send or receive picture messages.

Yes, for sending picture messages or even mms you will have to start gprs on your mobile phone so that it can receive and send internet packets to the other mobile phones, but I wonder if you can connect to wifi and then send the pictures to other mobile phone and see if it works or not.