Thread: Carrier IQ on the HTC Wildfire S

Carrier IQ on the HTC Wildfire S

I am having HTC Wildfire S and I have heard about the Carrier IQ keylogging on Wildfire S and I have found a no of people are just sending their phone back to the company but then there are only few cases about the same. So I just wanted to know that is there anyone who has found the Carrier IQ on the HTC Wildfire S? And the other thing that I wanted to know is that will it vary from carrier to carrier?? Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: Carrier IQ on the HTC Wildfire S

My phone is not using Carrier IQ. I really wanted to know if anyone is aware of list of carriers or phones models that are using Carrier IQ. You all can check out the same by going in to the Menu > Settings > Applications > Running services. Just check it out and then let me know if anyone found IQ Agent Service at this location.

I have been searching for the same but then even I have not come across any reports about Wildfire S having the CIQ but then I have found a guy who had mentioned in his post that Sprint LG Optimus S is having the CIQ but then I am not that sure about the same. I have also found a “Sprint LG Optimus S had the CIQ” on android market and after downloading it and installing the same, I ran it as well but I did not found it. You all can run the same and see what you find.

I am having Sprint LG Optimus S but then I don’t think that it is having Carrier IQ but then I also think that it is having something else that appears to be an alternate for the Carrier IQ and I am thinking so because when I go in to the settings and then when I go in to the manage applications and then check the Android System then it says the following:
    “This application can access the following on your phone: Your personal information - Read contact data, read sensitive log data.”
    But then I am still not sure that my data is being transferred from my phone or not.

The other way of finding out if there is a key logger on the device or not is running the "logcat" i have done the same and i have found that there is no key logger on The VM variant of the device. The other thing that i have found is that the HTC was having it before and for now they have removed it through OTA Update, so i doubt that anyone will be having it.