Thread: Battery is draining faster in HTC Wildfire S

Battery is draining faster in HTC Wildfire S

I have bought HTC Wildfire S and it has just been a week and I have found that its battery is draining quite faster, I think that there is some battery problem with the phone because I have to charge it twice everyday for using it. So I just wanted to know if someone else has faced the same has an idea about it and can help me out as well, I also want to know if there is some way to save the battery power ? Any suggestion for this will be appreciated.

Re: Battery is draining faster in HTC Wildfire S

I have bought HTC Wildfire S and it has just been a week and I have found that its battery is draining quite faster, I think that there is some battery problem with the phone because I have to charge it twice everyday for using it. So I just wanted to know if someone else has faced the same has an idea about it and can help me out as well, I also want to know if there is some way to save the battery power ? Any suggestion for this will be appreciated.
    Before I suggest you something about the same , I will like to know whether you have charged it properly for the first time?? Because I have found people saying that we should charge the phone completely for the first time and then use it till it drains completely. As far as such Smartphone’s are concerned I have came across a no of people who have mentioned that the battery life is not good in the start for 1 couple of weeks but then it gets fine after that, I am not sure about the same because I have not used a Smartphone yet. If the problem still persist say after one more week and so then you should contact the service center for the same because there are possibilities that you might be having a faulty battery.

I was having the same problem but then I have followed these things and I think that now it is doing quite well then before:
    • Switch of the applications when not in use.
    • Make sure that your gps is turned off when you don’t require it.
    • Just turn of all the "my location" settings by going in to the location option and then going in to its setting.

Try to follow these and see if it is making difference for you or not. Best of luck.

If you think that there is some kind of problem with the battery of the phone then you can just check it out by getting another battery of the same time and then using the same for the day and see if you are getting any change. If the other battery is running properly in your phone then you know where exactly the problem is but then you are getting the same response from the other battery then you will have to visit the service center.

I don’t think that there is some kind of problem with the battery, I mean that I am having the phone and I was facing the same but then I was able to control it after following the above methods. Other than that you should also avoid the autosync if possible because I think that it actually drains the battery faster. I still have to charge the phone twice because I use wifi everyday.

Hey guys i am thankful to you all for sharing your suggestions with me, today i have taken the above precaution and now the phone is lasting long than it used to and know it is making me think that there was not a battery problem, Actually i used to use the gps and then minimize it and keep it as it is so that me one of the reason why my battery was draining the battery faster. I think that it is working fine now and i have charged it only once since yesterday and it has lasted for 20+ hrs and i think that it will go for one more hour. Anyways thanks to you all once again.