Thread: is it possible to upgrade graphics card in the Acer Aspire 5742

is it possible to upgrade graphics card in the Acer Aspire 5742

As I have bought the acer aspire 5742 past month. I must the features of this laptop is just awesum but the thing is that want to upgrade the graphics card in this laptop. So I would like to know that is the GPU upgrade possible in this laptop, as some of them have told me that it possible to upgrade the GPU but some of them says that you cannot upgrade the GPU in this laptop. so am confused about this can anyone help me out with this.

re: is it possible to upgrade graphics card in the Acer Aspire 5742

Even I would like to know, do they provide with the upgrade of the GPU in the Acer aspire 5742. As mine overheats and due to this I would like to know whether it is possible to upgrade the graphic card.

re: is it possible to upgrade graphics card in the Acer Aspire 5742

As you are looking for the upgrade in the Acer laptop actually I tried upgrading in the Acer laptop and would like to tell you that if you are looking for the upgrade in this laptop then you can do it as upgrading is possible in this laptop.

Punch Rockgroiner Guest

Re: is it possible to upgrade graphics card in the Acer Aspire 5742

Laptops graphics are part of the mother board and not a separate card. Thus, the answer to your question is no: you cannot upgrade the graphics card in the Acer Aspire 5742. You can, however, get an external USB graphics adapter.

Re: is it possible to upgrade graphics card in the Acer Aspire 5742

As I have bought the acer aspire 5742 past month. I must the features of this laptop is just awesum but the thing is that want to upgrade the graphics card in this laptop. So I would like to know that is the GPU upgrade possible in this laptop, as some of them have told me that it possible to upgrade the GPU but some of them says that you cannot upgrade the GPU in this laptop. so am confused about this can anyone help me out with this.
    I don’t think so there is any available for upgrading the GPU in the laptop. As I have also gone on searching for the graphics card upgradation in this laptop. But what I see is that the upgradation is available for the RAM, HDD, CPU and is not available for the graphics card. So if you want to upgrade your graphics card then it might not be possible in the Acer laptop.