Thread: Navigator won’t work in Nokia 500

Navigator won’t work in Nokia 500

Hi, i have recently purchased this newer Nokia 500 but don’t know exactly what could be the problem but I am not able to make use of navigator function with the mobile.

Is there anybody having the same problem with the Maps, please let me know how could i get the rid out of my mobile, any suggestion will be esteemed.

Re: Navigator won’t work in Nokia 500

Make sure all the maps are downloaded to the phone, because see whenever we try to access the data through directly internet, it use to give problem estimating the data, thus i have downloaded all the maps so that i could navigate through it easily. Therefore would suggest you the same thing once.

But if suppose you are making use of internet connection over here then i would like to recommend you that you should try to make sure whether the internet connection that you are using is working perfectly or not, you should make out whether all the settings that you have done is perfect or not, and if not then you should configure it once again.

Are you making use of any application for the navigation or you are trying with the default application that you have gotten with the phone itself?

Because see if you are making use of any application so let me tell as you there could be some problem with that application as well, so you should try to clear all the cache regarding the application and then try to navigate through it and see whether you are getting the same result or there is any variation.

Exactly i have the same opinion as the above user but still if suppose you are pursuing the same problem then you should try another application or simply try to reinstall the one that you have already installed in the phone. see i use to use E-Navigator application in my phone and it works perfectly with mine Nokia 500 thus i would like to request you that you should also try the same. you can simply download it from here, but be aware as this is not a free application but you have to charge for it.

Have you ever reset the firmware installed in the phone? because i personally believe as there could be the some problem with the firmware installed in the phone. thus after resetting it all the incorrect cache will be deled from the phone and you’ll be able to access all the data once again with the phone. but while doing this you should make sure you have make backup of important data or else you may lose it.

I think you should try to reinstall the firmware of the phone because it might be possible as there could be some problem with the firmware that you have installed in the phone, because see once when i was also having the same problem with the phone at that time even after reinstalling the application i was having the same issue with the phone thus after such huge approach i came to know that there were some problem with the firmware which was installed.

In fact no doubt you should start with the firmware resetting but if suppose you are still getting the same result with that as well than obviously you can start with firmware reinstallation.

Apart from this you should also concern the statement mentioned above “but while doing this you should make sure you have make backup of important data or else you may lose it.” This is apply over here as well.

See why don’t you trying to contact the service center for the same? because they are the only one who can help you with this.