Thread: Beeping noise while making calls through Nokia 5800 Xpress music after firmware update

Beeping noise while making calls through Nokia 5800 Xpress music after firmware update

HI, i am having issue with the phone I have mentioned in the title since i have updated its firmware from v.50 to v.51 before some days. Whenever I make calls through the phone, I am now getting a continuous sound of beeping which is making me extremely difficult for hearing the recipient. I am not able to figure out whether this is really a problem just because of the firmware itself or with the speaker in my phone. anyways any suggestion for resolving the same will be appreciated.

Re: Beeping noise while making calls through Nokia 5800 Xpress music after firmware update

Yeah you are right as there could be some problem with either speaker or with the firmware that you have installed or might be because of some network problem you might be getting problem with the firmware. But still it is quite difficult to figure out what could be the problem with the phone. and it would be better if you simply get it tested from any authorized center so that you can at least figure out where is the actual problem with the phone so that you can have possible solution for the same.

Re: Beeping noise while making calls through Nokia 5800 Xpress music after firmware update

Yeah you are right as there could be some problem with either speaker or with the firmware that you have installed or might be because of some network problem you might be getting problem with the firmware. But still it is quite difficult to figure out what could be the problem with the phone. and it would be better if you simply get it tested from any authorized center so that you can at least figure out where is the actual problem with the phone so that you can have possible solution for the same.
    Though I am agree with the above user but as far as my personal opinion is concern i would like to recommend you that you should try to reset the firmware of the phone because see i personally believe as when it comes to troubleshooting we should start with the firmware and after that with the hardware. Therefore, once you reset the firmware you can at least make out what is the actual problem.

You should try with soft resetting first and then if suppose that doesn’t seems to be working perfectly then simply you can try with hard resetting as well, i hope that could help you for sure. But while doing this you should make sure as you have made backup of all your important data so that you can simply recover it whenever it is needed otherwise all the data will be wiped out.

have you ever tried to contact the network operator for the same? because as mentioned above there could be some problem with the network conjunction and that’s why you must be having problem. Thus if you haven’t yet then you should try with that first and then see whether they are giving you any response or not. Apart from that you can have another option to figure out this thing once again, i mean to say if suppose you are having problem with any particular contact then it is surely a network problem or else it something else.

I think surely there could be some problem with the hardware in your phone, and it seems like you must be having this phone from quite longer isn’t it? So as far as nokia is concern this is always expected.

You should try with soft resetting first and then if suppose that doesn’t seems to be working perfectly then simply you can try with hard resetting as well, i hope that could help you for sure. But while doing this you should make sure as you have made backup of all your important data so that you can simply recover it whenever it is needed otherwise all the data will be wiped out.
    Exactly was thinking about the same, but still if suppose you are getting the same result with the resetting then you should try with the reinstallation of firmware as well which would be the last step of troubleshooting regards to software’s.

I have also done everything known to me but still was not getting what could be the problem over here. And its seems like surely there could be some problem with the hardware itself.

Why don’t you visit service center dude? Because see no matter which could be the problem but still if you visit the service center you will surely get some sort of solution for the mobile. and obviously you must not be having warranty period remaining for the device so obviously you must have to pay for every single treatment you are having for the mobile.