Thread: How is the Sony Z11 - NVIDIA Optimus

How is the Sony Z11 - NVIDIA Optimus

As I’m looking for the good gaming laptop, so I want to know will the sony Z11 laptop with the nvidia optimus graphics card be the best for the gaming laptop. As I’m interested for this so I would like to know that is this laptop best for playing the high end games as I’m looking for. So can anyone give me your opinions regarding this and which would be the best for me if not the sony Z11.

Re: How is the Sony Z11 - NVIDIA Optimus

As you are looking for the laptop I would say that the sony vaio Z11 would be the best for you as this laptop have nvidia optimus graphics card which is best playing laptop in this range.

Yeh.. the guy above is right as I’m having this laptop and even I have purchased the laptop specially for the gaming. So I must tell you that if you are thinking of buying the laptop then I must say that the sony vaio Z11 is the best option for playing the games as it supports almost all high end games and it never hangs or freezes due to the overheating or over buffering of memory.

I would like to know what is the specifications of the sony Z11 laptop as I’m thinking of buying the laptop for the multiple use. As I work in one of the firm so it should be able to support all high end softwares and should also be able to play the high end games. So if you provide specs for this laptop thenit would be easy for me to select from it.

Here are the specification of the sony vaio Z11 as this might help you to get the idea regarding the laptop.

• Processor : Intel Core i7-620M
    • Motherboard chipset : Intel HM57
    • RAM capacity : 6.00GB DDR3
    • Screen size 13.1in
    • Graphics chipset: Nvidia GeForce GT 330M , 1.00GB RAM
    • Hard disk : 256GB
    • Battery capacity 5,200mAh

According to me after seeing the specification of the sony vaio Z11, I would tell you that the laptop seems cool and if anyone wants to buy the laptop only for the gaming then buying this laptop would be good choice, as this laptop contains nvidia grapgocs card for 1 GB. So I guess it could play any of the high end games in the laptop.

I don’t agree with you as I had bough this laptop earlier and was disappointed with the space it allocates in the laptop. No doubt that the laptop comes with the nvidia graphics card of 1 GB but the thing is that the laptop is heavier and have very less space then the Lenovo IdeaPad Y550 41862EQ as I’m using it currently. And after using this I would say that the Lenovo laptop is much better than the sony Z11. So my suggestion to you is that if you want to purchase the laptop then instead of purchasing the sony Z11 laptop you should go with the Lenovo laptop

As you are saying that the Lenovo laptop is better than the sony Z11 than I would like to know the specification for the Lenovo ideapad. So it would be helpful for me if you provide with the info for the specs for the Lenovo laptop.

Specification for the Lenovo IdeaPad Y550 41862EQ :-

o Windows 7 Home Premium, 64bit
    o 15.6″ inch, HD LED Wide Display
    o Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 Processor
    o 4GB DDR3 RAM
    o Dedicated NVIDIA GeForce GT 240M 1GB Graphics card
    o 320GB Sata Hard Disk
    o 6 Cell Lithium-Ion Battery

I think when compared the specs with the Lenovo and sony I see the Lenovo has got the better specs then the sony Z11, as the screen, hard drive space the weight are much better and more then the sony Z11. So if you going to buy thr laptop for gaming purpose then Lenovo ideapad is also good choice. So according to me if you go for buying the Lenovo laptop then it would be the best for you as it carries more good features then the sony Z11.