Thread: Viber application is not working in ipod touch

Viber application is not working in ipod touch

Recently I have installed the viber Application there in my iPod Touch, so I have an issue with this Viber whenever I try to make the call this application display the error for the internet connection. But there are the proper internet connection is already there for the iPod Touch, so I don’t know why such issues are there in this viber. So I just want to know that is there any of the steps or the things that make this viber execute there in the iPod. So if you have any of the information or the ideas than please let me know.

re: Viber application is not working in ipod touch

I know about the failure of the Viber is that if the connection is not proper with the internet than May the error introduced there in the Viber Application. This thing is also depends on the mode of the connection used for this Viber application and also the location. So first make this thing verify may this will be the reason for the issue there in the Viber.

I think there is the need for the reinstallation of the Viber application in your ipod touch, since some of the time during the installation of the application some file missed, so for that reason just uninstall that application and then make the reinstallation of the Application. After the reinstallation of the application these issue will be no more there in the ipod touch.

The cellular network may be not proper that require for the Viber to perform, or may there is some of the Wifi or the network issue. So first make the use of the good and the best of the networks and then try to make the Viber to call or to access in the iPhone 3gs.

And also I think that you should make the use of the good location also the network should be proper .

I think the source of this application is not perfect, so I think that you must need to download this application once more from the official site and then make the installation of this Application in your ipod touch. And see whether the Wifi that you are using for the connection to the network is working properly or not.

I have this application install there in my ipod touch and still I have not seen any of the issue or the error for using this application in my ipod touch, so the things that I know is that first of all the best connection is required for this application to work without any of the issue. And also this should not be the outdated version, so make the installation of the latest version of the Viber application. And be sure that the other system to whom you are trying to get connect must also have the same application to be install.

As per my suggestion for the Viber application is that some of the time it only allow the chances to send the message only, so if the other thing of this application is not working properly then just wait for some of the time or just restart that application and try again to do the same process.

And also the devices that you are trying to connect must also have the updated version of this application.

Even I was also having the same problems with this application so I think that this is the internal bug and the error, so I think that we should have to wait for the next release of this Application and make the upgrade of this application with the latest version to make it work properly without any of the issue.

I Think that the connection was not proper there for the ipod touch, so may be because of that reason the VIber Application is not working properly.

So if you want to make this thing to wok there in the ipod then make the use of the proper connectivity with the networks and the Devices.

Re: Viber application is not working in ipod touch

Hi,

This is a member of the Viber R&D Team!

The official versions of Viber for iPad and iPod are in the works, however, Viber already works on these devices.

@AdaraKhan -If you are having a technical issue, it may be helpful if you try to uninstall/reinstall the application.

If anyone has any questions/suggestions for Viber, please feel free to let us know, and we will address them shortly.
    Thanks,
    Viber Team
    A member of the Viber R&D Team, Viber Media Inc.

Hi!

I am having a problem with viber in my ipon touch. At first, the messages I sent and received are not registering... So I tried to delete the application and reinstall again. I have successfully intalled it but unfortunately when I enter my no to get my code.... A prompt message always appear saying that there is no connectivity.... that I cannot enter viber, that I should check my connection and try again. I tried to access it again with another wifi zone but the same message appeared. May i know the reason of this error? What should I do to successfully get the code... Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by aliyah marie View Post
    Hi!

I am having a problem with viber in my ipon touch. At first, the messages I sent and received are not registering... So I tried to delete the application and reinstall again. I have successfully intalled it but unfortunately when I enter my no to get my code.... A prompt message always appear saying that there is no connectivity.... that I cannot enter viber, that I should check my connection and try again. I tried to access it again with another wifi zone but the same message appeared. May i know the reason of this error? What should I do to successfully get the code... Thank you.
    Hi,

It sounds like both networks you tested Viber on were blocking Viber's ports.

Please try the following:

1. First, try uninstalling and reinstalling Viber when connected to different WiFi networks. Does it work now?
    2. Also, please make sure the following ports are enabled on your routers or firewalls:
    TCP: 5242 + 4244
    UDP: 5243 + 9785

(if you are not sure how to enable ports, contact your router manufacturer)
    A member of the Viber R&D Team, Viber Media Inc.

Hi , I've an iPod touch ... The textin is perfectly fine ... But wen it comes to calling .. The call gets connected ... but I can't hear anything ... Neither can the other person .... I tried reinstalling it too ... And my connection is perfect ... So does viber calling optin ply for iPod touch (3rd generation)

Quote Originally Posted by Rishika373 View Post
    Hi , I've an iPod touch ... The textin is perfectly fine ... But wen it comes to calling .. The call gets connected ... but I can't hear anything ... Neither can the other person .... I tried reinstalling it too ... And my connection is perfect ... So does viber calling optin ply for iPod touch (3rd generation)
    I think it does as it has been mentioned to be Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch and iPad you can check out the same here.