Thread: ipod touch continuously updates and copies files

ipod touch continuously updates and copies files

As I’m using the ipod touch from past one year, I never had any issue with the ipod but I recently updated the ipod touch to ios 5 and after updating what I found is that whenever I try to sync the ipod touch with my PC I see it updates the files frequently and copies all the files from the ipod which takes lot of time for copying the file and it happens frequently whenever I sync the ipod touch. So do anyone have the idea regarding how can I fix the problem.

Re: ipod touch continuously updates and copies files

Even I’m facing the same problem after updating to the ios 5. And sometimes it happens that the songs are visible in the playlist but when I go to play the songs it says the songs file cannot be found playlist. I never had such type of problems with the ios 4, but I started to get the issues after updating to ios 5. So now do anyone know how can I play the songs in the ipod touch with the ios 5.

Even I’m facing the same problem after updating to the ios 5. And sometimes it happens that the songs are visible in the playlist but when I go to play the songs it says the songs file cannot be found playlist. I never had such type of problems with the ios 4, but I started to get the issues after updating to ios 5. So now do anyone know how can I play the songs in the ipod touch with the ios 5.
    According to me you should try updating the ios 5 again and try to sync again with your PC. And after doing that try playing the songs in your ipod touch. I guess after doing this it should work. As I had the same issue after updating to the ios 5, but trying this got the issue fixed. So I would suggest you that try doing the same for you ipod touch hope it works for you.

I have been searching this on the net as I’m facing the same problem, so after searching on the net I found out that some of the people who were facing the same problem had solved this by doing retagging, means changes data part of the file and doing this were able to solve the issue. But when I tried doing this it didn’t work for me. So I would like to know is there any other way to get rid from this issue.

If you are getting issue with the ipod touch when sync starts taking updates and copying the files then for this I would tell you that whenever you try to sync your ipod with the PC make sure that you turn off the net as doing this it will not a make a attempt to update it. and my suggestion if you had recently taken the update then try to reboot the ipod after the update and try to sync the ipod after rebooting it. as I have followed the same and never got the issue like this. so my advice to you would be that turn off the net if you have updated to ios 5 and reboot the device after updating. I think following this will not have any issues like this.

I have done with the ios 5 update and after doing this I never went with any such type of issues. Mine is working fine. So I guess the reason for taking the update continuously might be that the device must have done with the broken updates/ half updates. So I suggest that try taking the updates again and sync it with the device.