Thread: iPhone 3G/EDGE Tethering App

iPhone 3G/EDGE Tethering App

I am searching for some app that will allow me to 3G/EDGE Tethering with my iPhone. I thought it will be good idea to post this over here. So if you any method to do this then please let me know that. I will be thankful to all the replies.

Re: iPhone 3G/EDGE Tethering App

I would like to tell you that there is a app as NetShare which is available on the iTunes App Store. The cost for this app is $9.99. I have read the review of this and this app promised that it will permit to share the iPhone's network connection with the computer that you are using.

Using your iPhone as a modem is a nice convenience, and the tethering feature is precisely the possibility of sharing the connection of our iPhone 3G Edge on your laptop so you can access the Internet freely. If you have a jailbroken iPhone you can simply install the app as MyWi from Cydia.

Requirements:
    • iPhone jailbreak
    • MyWi sold at a price of $ 19 on Cydia Store, you can try it free for 10 days

Settings:
    • WiFi Thetering: with this button on / off wifi sharing
    • WiFi Name: The name of the wifi network, what we will find by looking iPad available networks.
    • Channell WiFi: we can choose which channel to use wifi, honestly I never touched this parameter
    • WEP security: with this button on / off WEP
    • WEP Key: a key from 10 digits we decide that we will be asked at the time of the connection from the iPad.

The only "problem" of MyWi is the high power consumption, unless you have to log on for a few minutes the iPhone is a must to connect to a battery charger, for when they are on the move I've solved the problem by buying a external batteries. This is the only solution for this. ou can use iPhone to connect a laptop or a netbook or any PC or Mac in general, using the USB connection you will have the advantage of charging the iPhone while in use.

For tethering, you can go through the steps below.
    • Start by going into Cydia, search tab and type PdaNet
    • Once found, install and then restart the iphone.
    • The iPhone rebooted, look for the icon on your Sringboard PdaNet
    • Run it and snap the "Wireless Router" through the switch at the bottom of the screen.
    • You can close PdaNet
    • The iPhone is ready, move on to the PC.

Now the new firmware 3.0 for the iPhone is available. With this, it is possible to use your iPhone as a modem for your laptop, for example, if you would not have an internet at hand. But T-Mobile does not yet support tethering and hence there is in Settings> General> Network no tethering option will appear. In the unlocked iPhone, you have the tethering option. By tethering to turn, it can happen that you lose MMS and Visual Voicemail. In that case, throw your tethering profile away. You therefore lose your tethering, but will get back again MMS and Visual Voicemail.

I would like to tell you that the NetShare application to turn the modem and allow the iPhone to use it to navigate with the PC was removed again from the App Store without explanation, but it should soon be back on sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhadran View Post
    I would like to tell you that the NetShare application to turn the modem and allow the iPhone to use it to navigate with the PC was removed again from the App Store without explanation, but it should soon be back on sale.
    Yes this is try but the worst part is that they have not even given the reason that why they have removed that.