Thread: Excessive cell data use with iOS 5

Excessive cell data use with iOS 5

I have recently upgraded to iOS 5 and after that I found that the cell data uses increased. I am using AT&T 200MB plan which was satisfactory for me till now. Normally I am using the WiFi. This is the same case with my brothers phone as well. I am using iPhone 4S and he is using iPhone 4. I cannot understand that what I am missing here. Can somebody tell me that what can be the reason for this problem. Please help me with this. I will be thankful for al the replies for this.

re: Excessive cell data use with iOS 5

I would like to tell you that the PhotoStream will consume more data and this could be the reason for this. I am not sure about this but you must check for this.

Thank you for your reply but as far as I know that the photostream must be the wifi only and this is similar to the wifi syncing. For the Store sync, I have set it to wifi only and so it really makes no sense. This is really weird that the phone is sending data over the network without any reason though I am having wifi even at my home.

Thank you for your reply but as far as I know that the photostream must be the wifi only and this is similar to the wifi syncing. For the Store sync, I have set it to wifi only and so it really makes no sense. This is really weird that the phone is sending data over the network without any reason though I am having wifi even at my home.
    My suggestion to you is to turn off the iCloud as well as the location services because these are the two things that could cause this. I hope this will be helpful to you.

There are two things that I can predict about this. First of all, you must make sure that you have set the "Use Cellular Data" option in the Settings->Store off. Other than this, if you are having some application installed in your phone and that requires to send the data over network then that will surely increase the total use of the data. This could be considered as one of the possible reasons for this issue. So try with this things and reply back if this was helpful to you or not so that we can provide you some alternating solution for this.

You can try by resetting the settings of the phone to the default. I am saying this because it is possible that some of the settings in your phone might be alter by you by mistake and for that reason you are facing this problem. So what you can do is just see to the manual and reset it to its default settings. In many of the similar problems, it proved to be helpful and so I hope that it will do the same for you as well.