Thread: Charging is not supported with iPod touch 3G

Charging is not supported with iPod touch 3G

HI all, i am having iPod touch 3G which is running on the iOS 5. but with this i am gettign some problem which is as:: I keep getting that yellow triangle and the message as:: Charging is not supported with this accessory. for resolvign this i ahve also tried with the air dusting but after that also i get the same problem with that. what can i do for resolving the problem?? please reply me back for this. and also reply me if here anyone also facing the same problem.

Re: Charging is not supported with iPod touch 3G

Ok, if you are gettign that type of the problem then for that can you reply me here that

• are you using officially licensed by Apple chargers???
    • and also for resolving this issue have you tried with the restore???

if you have not done the above things then try with douing that and i am sure that with that you will not get the problem again.

I know that there are couple cheap chargers off eBay, and if you are using that chanrger then i am sure that you are gettign that problem which is caused by the charger. i have seen that these cheap chargers don't work. have you tried with using tjhe other charger for that?? if not then try with doing that and i am sure that you will not get this problem again. i am telling you this all because, i am also having the Apple iPod touch 3G and with this i was also having the same problem and for resolving this i tried with the suggestion which i have given to you. and this really helps me for resolving the problem. try with the same and i am sure that this will also helps you.

but i don't agree with you that there is need for the Apple branded accessories or power adapters for resolving this problem. instead of that they need to be accessories or power adapters licensed by Apple. and also i can say that cheap ones from China that range from $5-7 are licensed, but stil they are workig very fine. i am not sure here about the licensing though, this also might happens that i am wrong here.

I am having charging cable and when i try with connecting this to my iPod touch 3GS at that time i get that it rejects the cable. but when i try with the connecting the all other devices for that at that time i get that Pad 2s and a 4S are working very fine with that. but i get the problem with the iPod touch 3G only. and for resolving that issue i tried with the restore after the iOS upgrade and after that i get that the problem seems to be resolve in my case, for you i will suggest to try with the same and i am sure that with that you will not get the same problem again. please reply me back about the results for this.

OK, thanks for telling me about this all. but when i was trying wiht the connecting that charger at that time i get message as:::
    • Accessory is not made for iphone

on my dock, when i try with that each time i get that same error message with that. but same thing have worked fine for my Apple iPhone 4. i am not getting the reason here tjhat why this is not workign fine for my iPod touch 3G. any other suggestion for this?

Yes, the same things also have happens wiht my 4s and the Apple Universal Dock. and for resolving that i have also checked for the dust in the dock connector and there i get that this is not have dust in it and also there has been no exposure to water. and for this i tried with the contacting with the Apple care and they really helped me in this case. for you also i wil suggest to try with the same.

Yes, i am alos having the same problem. but i my case, the same message appears when i plugged my iPhone into a USB hub. and for resolving this, when i tried with the contacting the Apple care, at that time i get that they are telling me that ::
    external 2.5 inch hard drives designed to run off the power of a USB port do not work on this USB hub
    and this is the main reason for getting that type of the message. i tried with that all which they have suggested to me and now i get that all things are working fine. now am not getting that message again.

Thanks for telling me about that, i tried with the conatign with the Apple support and form there i get that they suggested me for the Store for the new apple cord. anad then i bought apple cord from the Store and while i was buying that at that time i verified and all, and it is anything I charge with. now i am thinking here that the problem is because i have fully charge it. for the same reaosn i have also esported to the Apple and they told me that this is hardware issue and for reresolving this i ahve to need that repairs, also here i am sure that the repairs would be pricey. but i can see the people deleting daemons and such and getting around it for free, and in my case, let me tell here that for resolving this issue i dont want to spend money this is because, i know that this problem is not related wtih the charger cord or any other hardware.

hey if you are getting that type of the problem then i am sure that Your dock connector in the iPod is damaged. and this is the reason that you are getting the error even when not charging. try wiht changing the dock connector and i am sre that after that you will not get the problem again.