Thread: Poor music quality with iOS 5

Poor music quality with iOS 5

I found that the sound quality with the iOS 5 is very poor and this is really very disappointing. Some of the music plays with a high quality without any problem but some of the songs that are having high bass are not able to played with the same quality. I can say that its really bad with those songs. This looks like the iOS 5 is clipping those songs. I am not sure that if this is a bug with the iOS 5 or what? If there is someone who can tell me the reason or solution for this then I will be really thankful for that.

Re: Poor music quality with iOS 5

Quote Originally Posted by DaAusPicious View Post
    I found that the sound quality with the iOS 5 is very poor and this is really very disappointing. Some of the music plays with a high quality without any problem but some of the songs that are having high bass are not able to played with the same quality.
    I think that while updating the iTunes, you might have clicked on the option to compress the songs to 128kbps. This could be one of the reasons for this.

I have also faced the same problem on my ipod touch the IOS5 as the quality of the sound (music) is super bad, the same songs I have on my ipod I have them in my iphone and there if you listen then it plays it well. I have tried everything from the sound check on / off, equalizer on / off, volume adjustment, sound enhancer, use mono audio but nothing helps and so I thought to put this over here and it could put ore weight on this topic.

There is one more thing that you can try for this and that is to restore it to the default factory settings and see if that can resolve this issue. You can get the method to do the default factory reset in the manual or go online and take a look for the method. Good Luck!!!

This Sounds like more bass to the EQ and thus overrides the music. It was then resolved in recent versions seem a bit better because of the EQ has lowered all other areas to raise the question instead. So you could avoid the oversteer. The EQ was at Apple have never been good and you had better let this out. But this makes us very disappointing when Apple makes such a silly mistakes with their products. I hope Apple releases an update soon that fixes this problem